Back to Back Magic: Can Iowa Make the Dance?

its being presented as a big time longshot man

Untuck your shirt. Live a little

No, we can't talk about it! Sit down and shut up about it already. Damn, this is an Iowa forum we should never discuss anything irrational, longshot, or crazy ideas. I think we should all agree on everything, hold hands, and sing in heaven there is no beer.

Realistically, Iowa would need to win out the regular season and win a couple games in the Big Ten tournament. If they get to 20 wins, I believe they're in.

Illinois is a thorn in our side. Winning in Champaign would be huge.

Right now, I'm just hoping for the NIT.

RPI has not been updated yet. But thanks for your insight.

You're right, they may jump all the way to 131 or hell, let's get wild, 125. There isn't much movement in the RPI by this point in the season.

Look, I don't want you guys jumping head first off buildings when the tournament doesn't happen. I have many Iowa alumni friends and I find funerals boring if not repetitive.

Iowa's RPI is sitting at 139. Winning out (highly doubtful) would open up the possibility of the NIT, thats it. Iowa has to go for broke and win the B10 tournament to claim a spot.

Safe to say that Sunday in Champaign is biggest game since the 2006 NCAA Tourney loss?

We win there I think we finish the regular season 18-13 (10-8). If we lose on Sunday i could see us splitting our last 2 games and be 16-15 (8-10) going into the B1G tourney.

You're right, they may jump all the way to 131 or hell, let's get wild, 125. There isn't much movement in the RPI by this point in the season.

Look, I don't want you guys jumping head first off buildings when the tournament doesn't happen. I have many Iowa alumni friends and I find funerals boring if not repetitive.

Iowa's RPI is sitting at 139. Winning out (highly doubtful) would open up the possibility of the NIT, thats it. Iowa has to go for broke and win the B10 tournament to claim a spot.

I predict a 15-18 spot jump

Safe to say that Sunday in Champaign is biggest game since the 2006 NCAA Tourney loss?

We win there I think we finish the regular season 18-13 (10-8). If we lose on Sunday i could see us splitting our last 2 games and be 16-15 (8-10) going into the B1G tourney.

A little OT but it is weird you bring this up as last night those images of that guy nailing a 3 at the end popped into my head last night when Iowa was sputtering down the stretch after leading the entire game.

Latest posts