Back to a #1 seed

Anybodys ball game. Who gets hot at the right time, hopefully Iowa gets into full swing and runs the table

I'll be interested in seeing how the polls shake out tomorrow. Does Iowa drop for losing @Indiana, does Maryland drop for losing at home to unranked Wisconsin? Teams above & below losing, trying to predict the brackets is a mess right now. March madness is coming early.

If North Carolina and Miami lose today, Kansas will be the only team that didn't lose this week that's ranked from 2 to 15.

Madness is coming. But I will really be ****** off if we go anywhere but Des Moines. We deserve a tourney in our own region at home. F kin Duke and Kentucky and Kansas always get the home cooking. We deserve it.

I don't see how we drop in the polls..That was a 'good' loss against a top 20 team at their place.. Alot of teams layed a turd in their losses. Looking at you Maryland

I'll be interested in seeing how the polls shake out tomorrow. Does Iowa drop for losing @Indiana, does Maryland drop for losing at home to unranked Wisconsin? Teams above & below losing, trying to predict the brackets is a mess right now. March madness is coming early.

One of the stranger things that I can recall was when Oklahoma lost @ Iowa State and remained the #1 ranked team. I can never remember an AP #1 team losing and not dropping out of that spot...and I don't care HOW tough the place was to play in. There seems to be a fascination with Okie by the 'pollsters' this year. Imo, they get a LOT of leeway regarding their lofty ranking right now. They're an excellent team and have good rpi stats make no mistake, but their past 4 - 5 games do not, in my mind, warrant remaining a projected #1 tourney seed...which they still are this a.m.

I posted this in another thread, but the teams ranked #'s 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11 (twice), 13 (twice), 14, 15(twice), 16, etc. all lost this week. There may be some reshuffling, but Iowa shouldn't drop too far, unless they lose again today.

Looked like as of yesterday, Lunardi had Iowa back to a 2 seed.. MD as a one, but that was before Wisky came calling.. If Iowa wins tonight, and considering all the other losses yesterday, it'll be interesting to see if Iowa moves back to a #1 in his bracket or not. No way MD should stay, though, IMO.

No matter though - take care of biz down the stretch and that will sort itself out.

One of the stranger things that I can recall was when Oklahoma lost @ Iowa State and remained the #1 ranked team. I can never remember an AP #1 team losing and not dropping out of that spot...and I don't care HOW tough the place was to play in. There seems to be a fascination with Okie by the 'pollsters' this year. Imo, they get a LOT of leeway regarding their lofty ranking right now. They're an excellent team and have good rpi stats make no mistake, but their past 4 - 5 games do not, in my mind, warrant remaining a projected #1 tourney seed...which they still are this a.m.

One really good player can have a strong effect on things.

I posted this in another thread, but the teams ranked #'s 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11 (twice), 13 (twice), 14, 15(twice), 16, etc. all lost this week. There may be some reshuffling, but Iowa shouldn't drop too far, unless they lose again today.

Heaven forbid....hawks drop a fart bomb today and they bottom will fall out. MN is THAT bad.

Actually.....I don't want Iowa to be a 1 seed. I always feared if the Hawks ever had a 1 seed they would end up being the first to get beat by a 16.

Madness is coming. But I will really be ****** off if we go anywhere but Des Moines. We deserve a tourney in our own region at home. F kin Duke and Kentucky and Kansas always get the home cooking. We deserve it.

I don't see how we drop in the polls..That was a 'good' loss against a top 20 team at their place.. Alot of teams layed a turd in their losses. Looking at you Maryland

Des Moines really isn't a big deal IMO. I think it would be better for Iowa to be placed in the midwest regional, regardless of seed. I'd rather Iowa have the opportunity to play the regional semifinal and possible final in Chicago.

Iowa should easily be able to advance vs a 15/16 seed regardless of the place. Their second round game will be tough because of the parity in CBB this year but they should be able to win it. Home court advantage in the regionals is a big deal. I've watched Illinois (2005) and Michigan St (2008) ride home crowd advantage all the way to the national championship game.

I think Maryland is the easy one. They drop they were favored by double digits and lost at home by double digits.

Actually.....I don't want Iowa to be a 1 seed. I always feared if the Hawks ever had a 1 seed they would end up being the first to get beat by a 16.

I have to admit this thought has crossed my mind. We'd never hear the end of it.

Yeah, we can laugh at ISU for Hampton and UAB, but a 1st round loss as a 1 seed would trump all.

Latest posts