Back from the game, my take

Believe me, Frost will be recruiting tomorrow while Iowa prepares for a mediocre bowl game. Just hope the lure of playing with a fantastic young QB for the next three years won't get them too many 4 and 5-star recruits, but I bet it will.

Shit Frost recruited better than Kirk last year even though he was still coaching at UCF until the bowl game. Now he’s had a full cycle. Nebraska will blow Iowa away even if frost takes the next month off.

Some of you are as delusional as little red fans thinking it’s a foregone conclusion he’s going to bring in elite talent and start kicking ass.

If he tries to recruit like OSU he will fail.

The ceiling for them is not Bama, it’s Wisconsin.

Not dissing the band, as the new director is a massive improvement over the last stiff.

Wed night at Carver,the tape recorded anthem, fight song, Back in Black sounded like someone literally used a tape recorder off a cassette playing in a 1978 Monte Carlo - it was a f$&@(); joke...not something you’d expect out of a B1G time Athletic department.
Seriously? No pep band at basketball? WTF? That’s just wrong.

Shit Frost recruited better than Kirk last year even though he was still coaching at UCF until the bowl game. Now he’s had a full cycle. Nebraska will blow Iowa away even if frost takes the next month off.
Sorry, but the exact same thing(s) have been said very recently about Lovie and Fleck...."uh oh, Iowa's in trouble."

Uh, no

Some of you are as delusional as little red fans thinking it’s a foregone conclusion he’s going to bring in elite talent and start kicking ass.

If he tries to recruit like OSU he will fail.

The ceiling for them is not Bama, it’s Wisconsin.
Did you not watch yesterday’s game? In less than one yr, frost almost beeat us after kirk has been here 20. We get beat over there next year

They will have Christian McCaffery's "little" brother coming in next year. Also have 2 4* RB's and 2 4* LB's coming. That's what worries me.

Oddly, the only thing that will really worry me is if the improve their Oline, Dline. They've had good to great skill positions for a number of years.

They'll get better, but not some unstoppable force.

364 days of bragging rights.

F nebby fans, except a few.

Did you not watch yesterday’s game? In less than one yr, frost almost beeat us after kirk has been here 20. We get beat over there next year

I did, and I watch every single nebby game, live in Omaha, and know them as well, probably better than most nebby fans.

I saw the team I thought I would
- good...maybe really good offense, an outstanding dual threat qb.
- a defense on par with what he had at UCF.

They'll get better, he will recruit well. Hes a good offensive coach...but not some juggernaut.

In one year...he beat mn, il, bethune f'n cookman, and msu...

Iowa "almost" beat every team they played. But they didn't.

Itll be a tougher game going forward. Really no reason it shouldn't be.

As a whole, Iowa is the better developed team up and down the roster. But they have that one guy that can make a difference, and that is what I worried about before the game. If Frost consistently reels in difference-making qb's, and builds some good lines, then yes, we are in trouble.

Where to start with this post.

Kirk and staff will be out there recruiting tomorrow as well. They won't start serious bowl prep for at least two weeks, may not practice for three.

The lure of playing with Martinez is no guarantee that Nebby will get to any bowl game soon, lame or not.

Their offensive line has to get stronger, and their defense needs a lot of help, from the scheme on down, before they become relevant again. There was no commitment to discipline in individual assignments, pursuit angles, etc., which allowed average running backs to cut back and time again. Something we've had limited success with all season.

Nebraska's program does itself no favors with game week chirping or pregame antics.

They can recruit all the pretty four and five star skill position players they want. It won't do them any good if they can't block or tackle up front. We almost lost this game with some questionable special teams execution. Frost did lose this game by tiring out his own defense in the second and third quarters with his hurry up offense.

Let them show that they can become relevant again before annointing them and cutting down our "mediocre bowl". Comments like that play right into the hands of their fan base, who hands should be busy playing with something else.

Good post, Northside!

Believe me, Frost will be recruiting tomorrow while Iowa prepares for a mediocre bowl game. Just hope the lure of playing with a fantastic young QB for the next three years won't get them too many 4 and 5-star recruits, but I bet it will.
Meh, they better recruit some defense, cause theirs sux.