Back from the game, my take

HaydenHawk56

Another cold one, but I did not think it was as bad as the Maryland game...even with the rain.

-Again, I thought Iowa was at least 2-3 scores better than the opponent it was playing. Iowa was pounding the ball up and down the field on them. Was probably a good thing, with how Nebraska was able to beat our defense fairly consistently with seemingly the same play over and over again with the ball being thrown out near the sidelines. And in the grand Iowa tradition against running QBs, we had our struggles with some containing the Qb. Thankfully, Martinez was not able to home run us and we were able to sack him several times and get a key pick in a late drive.

-I'm sure, like many, I was like here we go again and we were going to blow another one. But, man, Hock is a freaking stud and our senior place kicker redeemed himself after his earlier miss field goal.

-We will really miss our tight ends if they go pro with the schedule we have last year.

-Nebraska fans in our section were quite annoying. Their reactions were priceless after the kick went through.

-So, 8-4 and likely a good weather bowl. Again, another underachieving regular season, but they finished their last 2 games (showing some pride) and will likely be rewarded with a warm weather bowl.

-Perhaps, finally winning a close game this year, could come in handy if the bowl game is also close.

-Still felt real good to give a crushing loss to "Big Red" yet again.

Believe me, Frost will be recruiting tomorrow while Iowa prepares for a mediocre bowl game. Just hope the lure of playing with a fantastic young QB for the next three years won't get them too many 4 and 5-star recruits, but I bet it will.

Another cold one, but I did not think it was as bad as the Maryland game...even with the rain.

-Again, I thought Iowa was at least 2-3 scores better than the opponent it was playing. Iowa was pounding the ball up and down the field on them. Was probably a good thing, with how Nebraska was able to beat our defense fairly consistently with seemingly the same play over and over again with the ball being thrown out near the sidelines. And in the grand Iowa tradition against running QBs, we had our struggles with some containing the Qb. Thankfully, Martinez was not able to home run us and we were able to sack him several times and get a key pick in a late drive.

-I'm sure, like many, I was like here we go again and we were going to blow another one. But, man, Hock is a freaking stud and our senior place kicker redeemed himself after his earlier miss field goal.

-We will really miss our tight ends if they go pro with the schedule we have last year.

-Nebraska fans in our section were quite annoying. Their reactions were priceless after the kick went through.

-So, 8-4 and likely a good weather bowl. Again, another underachieving regular season, but they finished their last 2 games (showing some pride) and will likely be rewarded with a warm weather bowl.

-Perhaps, finally winning a close game this year, could come in handy if the bowl game is also close.

-Still felt real good to give a crushing loss to "Big Red" yet again.

We need to get more pressure on GB's like that. They kill us.

My drive through Nebraska will be oh-so sweet. Frost can suck it and all his thug players. I do know he'll get the players he wants eventually, and it could be an interesting 2-3 years down the road when he does. Iowa just needs to keep reloading with decent young men and have Nebraska circled on the schedule each year.

I hated to see that game tied up. Iowa dominated so much. Time of possession was absurd for Iowa. Usually, that would be a 15 pt win.

One comment about the Kinnick announcers, staff etc. They need to quit taking the momentum out of the game, taking the fans out of the game. No one give's a rat's ass who the administrator of the year from financial aid is, I'm sure she is a fine person. Or the Iowa softball coach, few people give a shit. Keep the crowd in the game, quit shilling stupid things on the PA system every chance you get, pay attention to the crowd and know when there is a lull and when to shut up. It gets worse every year.

A

-Again, I thought Iowa was at least 2-3 scores better than the opponent it was playing. Iowa was pounding the ball up and down the field on them. gain.

I and most of us have come to expect that when the hawks play a team they should beat and seem to be beating handily that it comes down to very close at the end.

Hawks had such good field position against jNW and squandered it. and the hawk Dee was really handling their Off most of the games. but it became another loss at the end

Please, for the love of all that’s holy give us the excruciating, minute details of this.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, gives me more tinglies than jilted nebraska fans having mini strokes after driving 5-6 hours to stand in a cold rain and watch their skid mark of a team and coaching staff stare at a game-losing kick like a bunch of slack-jawed brother/cousins.

Especially when it’s the last memory of college football that their seniors will ever have. You know, the ones who like to dance around on the sidelines and start a bunch of chippy bullshit after Toren Young carries four of ‘em on his back for an extra 11 yards after contact?

Please...tell us about how these inbred, knuckle-dragging mouth breathers reacted to Recinos giving them the shaft with no lube.

Believe me, Frost will be recruiting tomorrow while Iowa prepares for a mediocre bowl game. Just hope the lure of playing with a fantastic young QB for the next three years won't get them too many 4 and 5-star recruits, but I bet it will.
They will have Christian McCaffery's "little" brother coming in next year. Also have 2 4* RB's and 2 4* LB's coming. That's what worries me.

One comment about the Kinnick announcers, staff etc. They need to quit taking the momentum out of the game, taking the fans out of the game. No one give's a rat's ass who the administrator of the year from financial aid is, I'm sure she is a fine person. Or the Iowa softball coach, few people give a shit. Keep the crowd in the game, quit shilling stupid things on the PA system every chance you get, pay attention to the crowd and know when there is a lull and when to shut up. It gets worse every year.
Spot on...
Our AD marketing and promo ideas are that of a junior college operation.
At the basketball game Weds night- no pep band? Even though a full band present for football today? Tape recorded anthem, fight song -sounded like cassette recordings - it was awful and embarrasing.

Spot on...
Our AD marketing and promo ideas are that of a junior college operation.
At the basketball game Weds night- no pep band? Even though a full band present for football today? Tape recorded anthem, fight song -sounded like cassette recordings - it was awful and embarrasing.
Did you know the band members pay to be in the marching band? They sent them to the Pin Stripe bowl for one day and flew them home the next. When Barta cuts is not anything Kirk cares about.

Not dissing the band, as the new director is a massive improvement over the last stiff.

Wed night at Carver,the tape recorded anthem, fight song, Back in Black sounded like someone literally used a tape recorder off a cassette playing in a 1978 Monte Carlo - it was a f$&@(); joke...not something you’d expect out of a B1G time Athletic department.

Travelling this afternoon, not able to watch other than the last few minutes.

My take, The Husker players sure do a lot of taunting, cock rooster moves, in your face strutting stuff for a punk 5-7 record team, at a University in the middle of a shithole state. Or am I the only one who thinks this?

Go back to the sand hills and enjoy the winter.

Travelling this afternoon, not able to watch other than the last few minutes.

My take, The Husker players sure do a lot of taunting, cock rooster moves, in your face strutting stuff for a punk 5-7 record team, at a University in the middle of a shithole state. Or am I the only one who thinks this?

Go back to the sand hills and enjoy the winter.

Punk 4-8 team.

Where to start with this post.

Kirk and staff will be out there recruiting tomorrow as well. They won't start serious bowl prep for at least two weeks, may not practice for three.

The lure of playing with Martinez is no guarantee that Nebby will get to any bowl game soon, lame or not.

Their offensive line has to get stronger, and their defense needs a lot of help, from the scheme on down, before they become relevant again. There was no commitment to discipline in individual assignments, pursuit angles, etc., which allowed average running backs to cut back and time again. Something we've had limited success with all season.

Nebraska's program does itself no favors with game week chirping or pregame antics.

They can recruit all the pretty four and five star skill position players they want. It won't do them any good if they can't block or tackle up front. We almost lost this game with some questionable special teams execution. Frost did lose this game by tiring out his own defense in the second and third quarters with his hurry up offense.

Let them show that they can become relevant again before annointing them and cutting down our "mediocre bowl". Comments like that play right into the hands of their fan base, who hands should be busy playing with something else.

AD. AD is the problem.

Yeah the whole experience inside the stadium sucks. Dragging someone out on the field between every change of possession. Lame as hell.

Latest posts