B1G Ten So Far

TheIowaHawkGuy

Minnesota - jury still out but defense is stout. Glad game is in Iowa City.

Wisconsin - back to 2017 good. Taylor catches TDS now. This is not a game I see Iowa winning.

Rutgers - scores more points in a half then they did for a single game last year. MUCH improved and not sure Iowa is covering the spread on this one now.

MSU - their defense is tops in the country. Offense was meh. MSU would maybe beat Iowa 5-2.

Purdue - Moore is better than anyone in B1G on offense. Really wish Brohm would’ve left. They are contenders in the West.

From what BTN, pods, and what we’ve read on Stanley, makes me very weary of his progress. Sense he will press too much this year. He says he doesn’t listen to the noise but he obviously hears it. That tells me he tries too hard to NOT make mistakes and overthinks what he’s doing. That’s scary for a senior QB. He’s they key this year.

Last edited:
Minnesota - jury still out but defense is stout. Glad game is in Iowa City.

Wisconsin - back to 2017 good. Taylor catches TDS now. This is not a game I see Iowa winning.

Rutgers - scores more points in a half then they did for a single game last year. MUCH improved and not sure Iowa is covering the spread on this one now.

MSU - their defense is tops in the country. Offense was meh. MSU would maybe beat Iowa 5-2.

Purdue - Moore is better than anyone in B1G on offense. Really wish Brohm would’ve left. They are contenders in the West.

From what BTN, pods, and what we’ve read on Stanley, makes me very weary of his progress. Sense he will press too much this year. He says he doesn’t listen to the noise but he obviously hears it. That tells me he tries too hard to NOT make mistakes and overthinks what he’s doing. That’s scary for a senior QB. He’s they key this year.

Minnesota LMAO Jury still out but Defense is Stout. That’s hilarious!!!

Minnesota was less than impressive. Not sure they will have enough offense to keep up with most teams. Wisconsin pounded South Florida but I'd be surprised if SF makes a bowl game. Taylor is a stud though and we always struggle to stop stud RB's. Rutgers scored points on UMass. That's not surprising or a reason to make me think they are greatly improved. Not sure what to make of Purdue. Michigan State looks a lot like Iowa. Very strong defense and some questions on offense. The next two weeks will tell me a lot more than this first one.

I like a good stout now and then but I'm more of an ale kinda guy. And as far as Wisky being unstoppable, I remember when Ron Dayne was going to be the next OJ, minus the bad car chase and bad temper, and Iowa took care of him.
The Hawks are due to piss-pound Bucky for once in a blue moon. Just let the season unfold before we anoint the brat-heads Lords of the West.

I;m watching Oky St vs Oregon St. They had to delay the start of the second half because the assistant coaches got stuck in the elevator because it broke down with them in it

Purdue being Purdue. Ultimate Jekyll & Hyde team. This time they were both in the same game. Up 31-14. Lose 34-31.

With 50 seconds left Nevada scores to get within 1 and get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after the TD. Instead of taking the 15 yard penalty on the KO with the most dangerous returner in the nation, Brohm elects to take the penalty yards on the PAT. Nevada kicker drilled it right down the middle anyway to tie it.

Then after Purdue INT, Nevada lines up for a 57 yard FG, Brohm calls the late timeout to ice the FR kicker and of course he misses. After the timeout they line up again and he drills it. Ouch

I absolutely revel in watching Purdue lose. Their posters over here trying to tell us how their program is on the rise is just annoying. Glad we don’t see them over here today.

Purdue being Purdue. Ultimate Jekyll & Hyde team. This time they were both in the same game. Up 31-14. Lose 34-31.

With 50 seconds left Nevada scores to get within 1 and get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after the TD. Instead of taking the 15 yard penalty on the KO with the most dangerous returner in the nation, Brohm elects to take the penalty yards on the PAT. Nevada kicker drilled it right down the middle anyway to tie it.

Then after Purdue INT, Nevada lines up for a 57 yard FG, Brohm calls the late timeout to ice the FR kicker and of course he misses. After the timeout they line up again and he drills it. Ouch

Latest posts