B1G pressconference today

There's no way they could move division alignment this close to the season.

exactly. It took them months to figure it out the first time. This could be tricky. Ideally, you'd move MSU over to the other division for Indiana but then Michigan and MSU could go years without playing eachother.

Sally mason - chairperson of bigten presidents: will stand behind PSU and their institution. Following: 1) help with compliance 2) post season ban, and their share approx 13 million/year donated.

Yada, yada, yada

Q and A

Discussion if league will frown on any internal transfers with-in conference. Said the students will get as much freedom as they need.

yeah, i realize that dex...just want them to at least announce it this year...and i want a big, fat asterix next to wisconsin's name in the ccg anals as basically backing into the game with neither osu/psu eligible

Reallignment...never say never, but no plans, structure is set for decades and not years. competitive balance this year will happen, cant help it, it happens.

exactly. It took them months to figure it out the first time. This could be tricky. Ideally, you'd move MSU over to the other division for Indiana but then Michigan and MSU could go years without playing eachother.
it's not tricky at all....go EAST - WEST alignment like they should have in the first place

don't care if OSU and UM are not able to play each other in the ccg....that is not even important any more...the days of catering to a couple of teams is over, and shouldn't even be a consideration

um/msu to the east ....wis/il to the west

With 1/3 of the Leaders division not able to participate in the postseason the B1G should just allow the top two eligible teams in the whole conference to play each other, regardless of divisional alignment. Leaving it as is basically gives Wiscy a free ticket to the championship game.

yeah, i realize that dex...just want them to at least announce it this year...and i want a big, fat asterix next to wisconsin's name in the ccg anals as basically backing into the game with neither osu/psu eligible

Delaney just kinda got asked that...stutered around it, w/o actually addressing it. reasked, and still not really answered.

Vacated wins may not adjust the previous conference standings.have to look at further. Said lesser sports will NOT be impacted by fines, ncaa will work with.

Said this has no impact on future expansion, not looking at that direction now in any way.

Iowa, Minnesota and Northwestern need realignment most. 9 other teams with competitive advantage over them if doesn't change. This is an undertone of what really matters but the fan in me is jealous because Iowa gains zero competitive advantage from this. Yet every team in Leaders division does.

Delaney just kinda got asked that...stutered around it, w/o actually addressing it. reasked, and still not really answered.
His entire basis for the way he aligned it is now totally out the window....but he apparently hasn't had a chance to confer with his bosses in Columbus and Ann Arbor yet on how to re-spin it.

Iowa, Minnesota and Northwestern need realignment most. 9 other teams with competitive advantage over them if doesn't change. This is an undertone of what really matters but the fan in me is jealous because Iowa gains zero competitive advantage from this. Yet every team in Leaders division does.

AND they're giving PSU's sahre of the booty to charitable organizations! That is bullcrap they should have given that money to Iowa.

There's no way they could move division alignment this close to the season.[
/quote]
His entire basis for the way he aligned it is now totally out the window....but he apparently hasn't had a
chance to confer with his bosses in Columbus and Ann Arbor yet on
how to re-spin it.
Lol. True dat.

You know what? We're all going to survive. A little bit of perspective might be appropriate at this point.

Delaney said damage to B1G is not irrepairable. Damaging, but can be overcome. Mason: can learn and grow from.

End of conference

Dont worry. Ohio State is 1 year away from running away with the leaders division every single year. So those teams are f'd too. I know Michigan is recruiting at a good clip, but Id take Iowa's position then having to beat Urban Meyer and OSU ever year.

Delaney said damage to B1G is not irrepairable. Damaging, but can be overcome. Mason: can learn and grow from.

End of conference

Sally, what a load....

And Delaney comment is simply intended to set this up as a way to keep OSU and UM in separate divisions....because that's what's most important here :rolleyes:

Latest posts