B1G pressconference today

Interesting...

Does the B1G pile on, or do they say that they are satisfied with the NCAA's actions. I think the latter. I think the B1G will look down the road 10-15 years and will see that PSU still has one of the largest alumni bases in the country and there is big $$$ still to be made in the future. The NCAA gave the B1G cover to be greedy.

Interesting...

Does the B1G pile on, or do they say that they are satisfied with the NCAA's actions. I think the latter. I think the B1G will look down the road 10-15 years and will see that PSU still has one of the largest alumni bases in the country and there is big $$$ still to be made in the future. The NCAA gave the B1G cover to be greedy.

I'm not sure there is much more that the B1G could do to pile on except to send them packing.

I could see that happening because public opinion would be in favor of that.

My guess is either the B1G gives them some small additional slap on the wrist to compliment the NCAA or they kick them out. I don't see anything in between.

I'm not sure there is much more that the B1G could do to pile on except to send them packing.

I could see that happening because public opinion would be in favor of that.

My guess is either the B1G gives them some small additional slap on the wrist to compliment the NCAA or they kick them out. I don't see anything in between.

TV ban. Hope that's not the case though.

Interesting...

Should your scenario be the fact, I will go with "temporary realignment", along with re-naming of the divisions ("Kinnick" and "Grange").

All I can say is that I DON'T think the Big Ten will give PSU the boot. Just like the NCAA, they won't slaughter one of their golden calves.

Interesting...Does the B1G pile on, or do they say that they are satisfied with the NCAA's actions. I think the latter. I think the B1G will look down the road 10-15 years and will see that PSU still has one of the largest alumni bases in the country and there is big $$$ still to be made in the future. The NCAA gave the B1G cover to be greedy.

I think they applaud the sanctions and suspend them in fb (fiancially), which effectively has been done. But as hb62 said, they need to re-allign the conference divisions.

Take away their TV revenue for the next 4 years and block games from being televised in the Penn State market.

Is it worse to be suspended or booted or for their beloved Nits to get their buts kicked all over the field for a few years. Just think of the scores that Bielema and Urban Meyer will run up on them.

They may be so bad that even Kirk Ferentz will not be able to stop his team from putting up 40 on them!

giving psu that boot would be a bad idea. If that were to happen and I was Bawlsby, I'd be getting on a conference call with ND and PSU offering them both the same deal but each on a different division so the divisions would be balanced out.

There's no way they could move division alignment this close to the season.

The thought they would realign the conferences is absurd, and people need to get it out of their heads.

The Big Ten is going to withhold shared bowl revenue and conference title game revenue, and that's probably it.