B1G Predictions

bud2380

Here are my B1G predictions for this year. I pretty well just quickly determined who I thought would win. I did not overly analyze or have a pre determined # of wins that I thought a team needed to have. In reviewing the schedules I think Penn St will have a tough year, I think Illinois is a team that could surprise, and I don't think Michigan will be making the return to national glory that some are predicting. Also MSU will struggle with a tough schedule this year.

Leaders Division
Wisconsin 10-2 (6-2) W's - UNLV, Oreg St, NIU, SD, Neb, Ind, Purdue, Minn, Ill, PSU

Ohio St 9-3 (5-3) W's - Akron, Toledo, Miami, COL, MSU, Wisc, Indiana, Purdue, PSU

Illinois 8-4 (4-4) W's - Ark St, SDSt, AZ St, W Mich, NW, Indiana, OSU, Minnesota

Penn St 7-5 (4-4) W's - Ind St, Temple, EMU, Indiana, Iowa, Purdue, Illinois

Purdue 6-6 (3-5) W's - MTSU, Rice, SEMU, Minn, ILL, Ind

Indiana 4-8 (0-8) W's - Ball St, Virg, SC St, N Texas

Legends Division
Nebraska 11-1 (7-1) W's - UT Chat, Fresno, Wash, Wyo, OSU, Minn, MSU, NW, PSU, Mich, Iowa

Iowa 10-2 (6-2) W's - TTU, ISU, Pitt, ULM, NW, Ind, Minn, Mich, MSU, Purdue

Northwestern 8-4 (5-3) W's - EIU, Army, Rice, Mich, PSU, Ind, Minn, MSU

Michigan 7-5 (4-4) W's - WMU, EMU, SDSU, Minn, Purdue, ILL, OSU

Michigan St 7-5 (4-4) W's - YSU, FAU, CMU, Mich, Wisc, Ind, Minn

Minnesota 2-10 (0-8) W's - NMSU, NDSU

Nebraska over Wisconsin in B1G Championship Game

Bowls:
Nebraska - Rose
Iowa - Fiesta
Wisconsin - Cap One
Ohio St - Outback (if they are bowl eligible)
Michigan - Insight
Gator - Illinois
Texas - Penn St
Ticket City - Michigan St
Pizza Bowl - Northwestern
Kraft Fight Hunger - Purdue

Here are my B1G predictions for this year. I pretty well just quickly determined who I thought would win. I did not overly analyze or have a pre determined # of wins that I thought a team needed to have. In reviewing the schedules I think Penn St will have a tough year, I think Illinois is a team that could surprise, and I don't think Michigan will be making the return to national glory that some are predicting. Also MSU will struggle with a tough schedule this year.

Leaders Division
Wisconsin 10-2 (6-2) W's - UNLV, Oreg St, NIU, SD, Neb, Ind, Purdue, Minn, Ill, PSU

Ohio St 9-3 (5-3) W's - Akron, Toledo, Miami, COL, MSU, Wisc, Indiana, Purdue, PSU

Illinois 8-4 (4-4) W's - Ark St, SDSt, AZ St, W Mich, NW, Indiana, OSU, Minnesota

Penn St 7-5 (4-4) W's - Ind St, Temple, EMU, Indiana, Iowa, Purdue, Illinois

Purdue 6-6 (3-5) W's - MTSU, Rice, SEMU, Minn, ILL, Ind

Indiana 4-8 (0-8) W's - Ball St, Virg, SC St, N Texas

Legends Division
Nebraska 11-1 (7-1) W's - UT Chat, Fresno, Wash, Wyo, OSU, Minn, MSU, NW, PSU, Mich, Iowa

Iowa 10-2 (6-2) W's - TTU, ISU, Pitt, ULM, NW, Ind, Minn, Mich, MSU, Purdue

Northwestern 8-4 (5-3) W's - EIU, Army, Rice, Mich, PSU, Ind, Minn, MSU

Michigan 7-5 (4-4) W's - WMU, EMU, SDSU, Minn, Purdue, ILL, OSU

Michigan St 7-5 (4-4) W's - YSU, FAU, CMU, Mich, Wisc, Ind, Minn

Minnesota 2-10 (0-8) W's - NMSU, NDSU

Nebraska over Wisconsin in B1G Championship Game

Bowls:
Nebraska - Rose
Iowa - Fiesta
Wisconsin - Cap One
Ohio St - Outback (if they are bowl eligible)
Michigan - Insight
Gator - Illinois
Texas - Penn St
Ticket City - Michigan St
Pizza Bowl - Northwestern
Kraft Fight Hunger - Purdue

Hey, F those guys, you are close. I dont see N getting a W out of Wiskey, Iowa or fOSU. I also dont think we lose to State. But your loss to state = my upset, so hey? I think we get NU this year, and I see us going to Indy to keep the tradition alive.

bud,

I like the optimism about our Hawks ... but, from what I've gathered, it seems like we've simply had too many injuries during camp. My hunch is that we're not going to be able to get the early season momentum that we need in order to launch ourselves into 10+ win season.

And, mind you, if we had remained more healthy ... I would have agreed with you. However, as of right now, I'm thinking that an 8 or 9 win season is a much more likely scenario.

I see the same record but beating penn state, I see the losses being Nebby and either NW or MSU. But with this schedule Indianapolis is not out of reach

bud,

I like the optimism about our Hawks ... but, from what I've gathered, it seems like we've simply had too many injuries during camp. My hunch is that we're not going to be able to get the early season momentum that we need in order to launch ourselves into 10+ win season.

And, mind you, if we had remained more healthy ... I would have agreed with you. However, as of right now, I'm thinking that an 8 or 9 win season is a much more likely scenario.

And we shall see, in no time at all;). I have no problems with camp. I am how ever a little gun shy about Indy and Wisky.

I think the OP has some nice predictions. I don't think Iowa will go 10-2. I think 8 wins is more realistic but 9 is attainable. Unfortunately, I think you are right that Nebraska and Wisky will play in the championship game and that the Huskers will win. The Huskers are coming in at a good time (for them) since OSU may be down a bit this season. Will be interesting to see what Russell does at qb for Wisky. Wisky's offense is a lot like Iowa (not flashy) so will be interesting to see how they use him.

Some random thoughts.

I know Penn State fans think they will have a great team this year, but I think it would be a good coaching job if they got 8 wins. 7-5 seems very probable with their schedule and QB situation. I think our game there will be a pivotal game for both teams.

I also like Illinois to beat Wisconsin in Champaign. It's a late November game and Senior day for Illinois, plus Wisconsin will be coming off an emotional game @ Minny which is of course their chief rival.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction here and say Illinois wins their division.

Ohio State eventually has to have a year they're not contending for Champs, right? I think this is the year. So when looking at those teams, I think Wisconsin and Illinois will be the big contenders this year.

bud,

Dibona, Lowery and a back-up O-linemen and I can't remember who it was. Rumors about Gettis and MacMillian?????? Who is hurt, who is not.

I really don't see us losing in Legends. We'll either go undefeated or loose in the BIG championship. We'll win our bowl game. So I see 1 loss at most.

Honestly...someone has to win the Legends Division and it could be Nebraska..but their schedule is BRUTAL. I don't see anyway they only lose 1 game. No way. The winner of the Legends Division will have 2 losses and I think there will be more than 1 team w/ just 2 losses. I just don't know which teams they will be.

I really don't see us losing in Legends. We'll either go undefeated or loose in the BIG championship. We'll win our bowl game. So I see 1 loss at most.

Not bashing, but how do you know you will win your bowl game if you don't even know who you will be playing? That's bold.

Why so much love for Nebraska? They have decent RB's but a QB who has not proven he can throw, and a lousy OL, and mediocre WR's. Where is the offense going to come from?

I don't understand MSU gets pasted by Alabama(a very good team) and everyone
says MSU was a fraud but Neb looks lousy in their bowl game against Washington(not exactly a power) and they both have similar returning starters. Neb. is supposed to have a great defense but MSU returns a proven all-conference QB who can lead and excellent RB's. Why is everyone putting Neb over MSU?

What is all this love for Nebby? They have 1 QB and he is a running type QB.
He will get dinged up, their backup transfered. Nebby is thin at QB and it will cost them at least 1 game. On paper Nebby's defense is good, but by the end of the season they will be warn down. Mark it down Nebraska will not be in the B1G Championship game!
At best Nebraska is 8-4.

Not bashing, but how do you know you will win your bowl game if you don't even know who you will be playing? That's bold.

I'm in the unfortunate position here of needing to agree with a Cyclone... :)

I WOULD however like to get some of that Kool-Aid he's been drinking (if there's any left).

I see Iowa winning 8 games. Losses to Michigan State, Nebraska, Penn State, and an upset at Purdue.

Latest posts