B1G not too weak

IowaHOCKS23

Indiana, a decent team beat Mizzou who beat SEC foe (and my #2 team) USC today.I think what it is is that college football just as a whole doesnt have a ton of team talent. Watching ISU play close and keep Baylor below avg sort of validates this in my mind. bama, FSU, OU have all had their struggles this year. So basically, I'm tired of hearing how weak the big 10 is, as it really takes away from some good conference play this year.

The Big Ten is not good outside of OSU, MSU, and Nebraska. Iowa's 4 wins are against teams who are combined 9-15 so far. And average margin of victory is 8 points. Against 4 of the worst teams on their schedule sadly.

There are some bright spots in the B1G. PSU has certainly lost some lustre, Nebraska seems to be worthy of their top 25 ranking, and MSU and OSU are legitimate contenders as usual.

Just because our Hawks make beating weak teams seem incredibly difficult and tedious doesn't mean the B1G is all crap. Besides, we would probably keep MSU within two scores most weeks. We like to stifle teams strengths and push their weaknesses while playing to be ahead by 4 at the end of the 4th quarter.

There are some bright spots in the B1G. PSU has certainly lost some lustre, Nebraska seems to be worthy of their top 25 ranking, and MSU and OSU are legitimate contenders as usual.

Just because our Hawks make beating weak teams seem incredibly difficult and tedious doesn't mean the B1G is all crap. Besides, we would probably keep MSU within two scores most weeks. We like to stifle teams strengths and push their weaknesses while playing to be ahead by 4 at the end of the 4th quarter.

If this is some sort of weird troll you suck at it.

MSU looks like the top dog by far. They hung with Oregon for a while before getting stomped on. Still got stomped on... How is OSU a legitimate contender for anything besides beating other weak Big 10 teams? They got KILLED by Virginia Tech, who isn't good enough to beat either Georgia Tech or East Carolina?

I should have stopped reading after you said that Nebraska is worthy of a top 25 ranking. You obviously didn't watch the McNeese State game. The team that snuck away with that lucky victory was not anywhere near the top 25.

Not sure if you could possibly be serious. MSU is the class of the B1G, not that I said anything that could possibly be construed otherwise. Ohio State has athletes, a good record, a favorable schedule (except for being in the same division as MSU), and decent momentum.

I'm going to give Nebraska credit and say they've earned their top 25 status after going 5-0. God forbid they only win by 7 against the #6 team in the FCS. Clearly that means they should be disregarded entirely, lol...

Is this just the same weird tendency that some of us exhibit... grudging respect for maybe ONE B1G team and then bitter hatred towards the rest of it regardless of game results based on 2013?

Some people. :confused:

I think you guys (especially the goofballs down voting) are taking what I said as the big 10 is the best in the country or that Iowa is a title contender?

i simply said its not THAT weak, just look at the fact Indiana beat missouri and missouri beat fellow SEC South Carolina. That to me, puts one big 10 team ahead of 2 sec teams, one of whom was ranked #14.

college football as a whole is weaker than it has been due to the spread of talent no longer: a) playing bc they're sitting at one school like bama, fsu, ect. B) talent getting spread out to all the above mentioned schools with some going to the lower market schools.

if the big 10 is usually an 8/10 this year it's certainly a 5-6/10, but the same can be said for sec, p12, acc, big 12.

No, but apparently you're going to ignore my whole message and spin a partial portion of it to how you'd like it to look for the sake of an argument?

No, but apparently you're going to ignore my whole message and spin a partial portion of it to how you'd like it to look for the sake of an argument?

Were you not the one who said, That to me, puts one big 10 team ahead of 2 sec teams, one of whom was ranked #14.?

Because if you didn't, I apologize, but it looks like you did and that is some stupid logic. If we want to base how good each team is off one game, then OSU is significantly worse than a middle of the road ACC team. The B10 is not a good conference this year, no other way to spin it.

At the D1 level most players are still a threat for a few quarters. It's as if you guys think the best teams in the country line up and play catch by themselves or something.

I don't think the big is quite as bad as everyone is saying. No were not the best conference in the country anymore, but, the fact that we were for several decades, makes people want to take shots at us that much more now that we aren't what we used to be. I thought msu played pretty well against Oregon, and it was at their house. Play that game at msu and the outcome may have been different. Wisky pretty much had LSU too, up by a couple td's most of the game. So, yeah, it's not like the old days, and yeah the two yards and a cloud of dust isn't helping our reputation, but outside of the sec I don't think any other conference is way better than us. Wait until the bowl games, maybe we will surprise this year

I keep saying this but will enjoy saying it again: I do not give a hoot about what conference is the best, or worst, for that matter. Boring talk. I only care about Iowa and the BT. When we get to bowl games, we can have some fun comparing conferences; but I will likely be bored with that as well.

Who has OU really struggled with? West Virginia? A team who kept with Alabama two weeks prior to playing OU?

Mark this down. I am so sick and ******* tired of hearing about Ameer ISIS Abdullah. He won't run for 120 yards next week at East Lansing. Nebraska is in for rude awakening next week again Michigan St.

Ditto for me regarding Abdullah. I think MSU is going to punish him. They are going to force Nebraska to throw the ball. This may be one of the most physical games in the B1G this year and Nebby goes down with a big thud.

I hope msu destroys them. One because I just hate all that is nebtard and two it helps us in iur division. Go sparty

Latest posts