B1G in the NCCAs

Seth53

What'll be most interesting to me, and much more than in any recent years, is how well the B1G will fair in the NCAAs.

With all this conference talent slaying each night in and night out...will we...

#1--Ravage through the NCAAs since all B1G tourney teams have already played the pressure gauntlet for four months, or,
#2--Will the B1G be beat up, worn out and fizzle early?

I think the former will happen before the latter.

Thoughts?

If they get upwards of 10 teams, as many predict, they will cannibalize each other. Then the narrative will be that the B1G isn't that great. Which is complete BS.

Last year the B1G won all of their first round games except for 1 (wisconsin got smoked by oregon). Even the lower seeded big ten teams beat higher seeds (ohio state over Iowa state, minnesota over Louisville, iowa over cincy)

The whole tournament is basically a crapshoot though. If you go cold one game you could go home easily against anyone. Imagine if Iowa comes out round 1 and shoots like they did vs Nebraska.

The thing with the BIG is that it is a solid conference up and down, but as in other years are the top 2-3 teams on par with other great teams in the nation. I can see the BIG having success to the Sweet 16 then start eating themselves and potentially not having anybody in the Final Four. It's that kind of year.

It's a great conference thru 10-11 teams, but do they have the horses at the top? If they don't have the horses at the top, are they still the best conference? It can be tricky to measure.

If they get upwards of 10 teams, as many predict, they will cannibalize each other. Then the narrative will be that the B1G isn't that great. Which is complete BS.

Hopefully they'll be spread out so they won't have to cannibalize each other until the reach the round of 16 or later.

The thing about this year is that the race is really wide open without any great teams. Kansas looks to be pretty good and is peaking, but after that all the ACC teams are beatable without a ton of star power unlike years past. Same for the SEC. The Pac 12 looks as down as their football teams and teams like Gonzaga, SDSU and Dayton all played less than stellar schedules. The Big East teams will be pretty good in the tourney as they are battle tested, but no great teams there either. Seeding and matchups will be more important this year than any other that I can remember and anyone can get on a run.

Latest posts