B1G Football Declining

This is kind of funny. Read my original post. Better yet I'll sum it up. I said a concern of mine is that mid tier teams from other conferences have more speed than the B10 teams do.

At no point did I say they were better or even as good as B10 teams. I simply said they have more speed which is a concern. I would think that any level headed coach would agree that team speed is important.

Which would be more concerning if these mid-level PAC/SEC/B12 teams weren't playing mid-level Big Ten teams. If they had more speed than Michigan, Ohio State (in most years; obviously they aren't top-level this year), etc., then it would be more concerning.

What are you guys talking about. Here are the bowl matchups:

Capital One Bowl - Big Ten #2 - SEC #2
Gator Bowl - SEC #6 - Big Ten #4/5
Outback Bowl - Big Ten #3 - SEC #3/4

Looks pretty even to me, SEC has the slight disadvantage, not the Big Ten.

It's not just the losses... it's the double digit losses and (Points For vs Points Against)....

Iowa loses by 17
Northwestern loses by 11
Penn State loses by 16
Nebraska loses by 17
Ohio State loses by 7
Michigan State probably going to lose by 7

VS

Purdue beats MAC team by 6
Illinois wins by 6

It's not even close. Wisconsin is going to lose too. Probably by more than 14. Oregon is faster and more physical. Yes Oregon is more physical on defense. Watch and see.

Last edited:
This looks like it'll be another day of Epic Fail on the part of the Big Ten.

At this point, I really can't figure out why ABC/ESPN wants to keep putting the Big Ten on all day long.

Big Ten football sucks. It's being proven right before our eyes and ESPN will be rubbing our noses in it for the next week or so.

B1G now 2 - 6 in bowls with two games left.

Out scored so far 221 to 157.

B1G held to 20 points or less in 6 of their 8 games so far. The B1G doesn't play any better defense. The offenses in the B1G just suck. Great B1G defense is a farce.

Last edited:

This will only prove your point more, but Georgia is not the SEC #2. Unless of course you don't think Alabama counts.

This will only prove your point more, but Georgia is not the SEC #2. Unless of course you don't think Alabama counts.

I know Georgia is not #2 in the SEC. Those are just the bowl tie ins. The Big Ten does not have the best bowl tie ins. The SEC does. The SEC has 9 tie ins to the Big Tens 8. The SEC just has more quality teams so the matchups look bad.

The SEC can't help when a Nebraska team is ranked in the 20's or wherever they were gets the call and South Carolina the 5th slotted team for the SEC is ranked #9, comes in and beats Nebraska by double digits without the best running back in the country and their top receiver getting the boot during the game after abusing them.

B1G now 2 - 6 in bowls with two games left.

Out scored so far 221 to 157.

B1G held to 20 points or less in 6 of their 8 games so far. The B1G doesn't play any better defense. The offenses in the B1G just suck. Great B1G defense is a farce.

Who would have guessed Sparty might be the Big Ten's saving grace?

Wisconsin and MU still get to play. The B1G can still go 5-5 and win their BCS games

And now that the INT was thrown, the Big Ten is 2-6. That's not match ups, that's the Big Ten sucking. And our best win is over UCLA? The same team that lost their coach because of their horrible play? Any way you slice it, we look BAD this year.

I would have to throw Psu out of this years results given the situation. There was talk the players did not even want to go and a fight broke out that put the best QB they had out.

Keep in mind a couple of points.....
- ESPN has an interest in slamming the B1G - partial competitor
- We typically play a majority of our bowl games in the opponent's backyards
- We do not match up equitably against the other conferences because teams get moved around in the B1G pecking order due to travel, compelling matchups, etc.
- We typically have 2 entries in the BCS moving all teams up one more notch
- Have Northwestern in our bowl mix as they cannot beat anyone in a bowl game (funny how that works when they go out of conferene)

hahaha tell me you are kidding... right?!

Just face it, the Big 10 sucks. The only reason half of them are ranked is based on "legend" status from being good 20 years ago.

Hey! Dont bring facts into this argument!

Against Iowa, PSU had a distinct advantage, the defense knew exactly what Iowa was going to do on offense...the exact same thing they do every game and have done for the past 11 years. What's the surprise?

It's not just the losses... it's the double digit losses and (Points For vs Points Against)....

Iowa loses by 17
Northwestern loses by 11
Penn State loses by 16
Nebraska loses by 17
Ohio State loses by 7
Michigan State probably going to lose by 7

VS

Purdue beats MAC team by 6
Illinois wins by 6

It's not even close. Wisconsin is going to lose too. Probably by more than 14. Oregon is faster and more physical. Yes Oregon is more physical on defense. Watch and see.

Have you watched an Oregon game all year? Their defense is junk

Latest posts