B1G Ends Up With a Losing Bowl Record??

No matter the circumstances, I'd rather have an Iowa win. If Iowa is in the national championship game, that would be especially true! In the situation you describe, I'd like our chances the following year in any event.

But to play in the natty, Iowa would have had to have won a game in the playoff. Therefore, Iowa would be 1-1 in the bowl season. So you'd get your win.

Yeah and it shouldn't have been too surprising. Dude is a top 10 pick and sometimes those guys in bowl games turtle up and play not to get hurt. He wasn't going to hurt or help his draft stock with that game. He's borderline top 5 pick depending on who all gets QB crazy at the top of the draft.

I'd take him over Chase Young. And anyone who takes a QB not named Joe Burrow in the top 10 is gonna be sorry. I was bullshitting with some Oregon fans after the Rose Bowl and they said their QB, who is allegedly a top prospect, sucks. I don't think he looked any better than Stanley against Wisconsin and this dude said that he actually thought Stanley was better than Herbert.

IU could have gone either way. Bama had more depth. Would guess Clemson too. MN was the better team in the trenches and speed. IL has no depth and were receiver short which was their strength. Thought Big looked OK. Wisky played up and were really 2nd or 3rd best in west. IU just arriving.

PSU played down. M is not Iowa and played way up. Iowa played down and would not have given up some of what Wisky did.

Wisky was plain and simple: turnovers. Iowa, for the most part, stops having turnover problems by game 7, 8 or 9 at the very latest.

Spot-on with Minnesota. $EC has more "team speed", team-for-team, than the B1G, but better line play and smarter play can always counteract that.

Indiana went incontinent against TN. Failure to anticipate an onside kick after Tennessee scored a TD with 4 minutes remaining was terrible coaching. Ohio State and Wisconsin just plain turned the ball over too much. Even as poorly as they played they were in position to win. In the end the QB for Michigan and their receivers were no match for Alabama's.

The ice is getting thin for Harbaugh at Michigan. It is similarly eerie to what Nebraska is going through, changing coaches to win a national championship because a couple of 9 and 3 years aren't good enough. Even with stepped up recruiting neither Nebraska nor Michigan are close to OSU. They will catch up when OSU slides back.
Nebraska shall NEVER contend for a conference or national championship again. The landscape, and their situation, have changed to the point it’s simply not in their cards.

Similarly, Iowa may on very rare occasion be in the hunt for a B1G title. But none of us will see a Hawkeye NC in our lifetimes. Unfortunately.

Wisky was plain and simple: turnovers. Iowa, for the most part, stops having turnover problems by game 7, 8 or 9 at the very latest.

Spot-on with Minnesota. $EC has more "team speed", team-for-team, than the B1G, but better line play and smarter play can always counteract that.

No way Iowa gives up that last TD on Wisky. I don't think I 've ever seen so many teams get out of position as badly as they do today. USC several times looked like jr highers pursuing the ball. Like the $.

I'd take him over Chase Young. And anyone who takes a QB not named Joe Burrow in the top 10 is gonna be sorry. I was bullshitting with some Oregon fans after the Rose Bowl and they said their QB, who is allegedly a top prospect, sucks. I don't think he looked any better than Stanley against Wisconsin and this dude said that he actually thought Stanley was better than Herbert.
Amen Brown is a for sure thing as a prospect. Young I think NFL tackles will be able to handle easier then people think... I could be wrong about that but he's just a speed guy. I don't think he's a bull rusher so much. If your a one trick pony in the NFL that one trick has to be above and beyond great.

The difference between Herbert and Stanley is mostly the offenses in which they play... I've seen Herbert play a handful of times. He's never wowed me or overly impressed me at all. If Stanley had his weapons his whole career in that offense against PAC 12 Ds he'd have put up stats too. Hell he put up numbers for Iowa. I'd say it's a coin flip to which has a better NFL career between them. Of course it's all on where you land and all that but they aren't that different they just aren't.

What if the only loss was indeed Iowa, but it was in the national title game that we lost to Alabama by 1 point and Alabama graduated their whole starting 22 and Iowa managed that with only true sophomores and freshmen and had everyone back the next year and would be the unanimous #1 going into the season and our crossover games were Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland?

I love this reply, O'Keefe. ;)

Sure did.

They had people out at guard against us, and we moved AJ inside on multiple plays to exploit this. Didn't watch any of their other games so no idea if the guy that was out was all pro or anything, but I can't imagine that team having anything resembling depth.