B1G Ends Up With a Losing Bowl Record??

GVGiant44

Hard to believe with the start we had. And I must say - if I were a fan of the Hawkeyes, Gophers, Nittany Lions and even Spartans, I'd be pissed at the rest of the conference.

Wait a minute - I AM a fan of one of those teams, and I AM pissed. What a pathetic performance. Thanks SO MUCH Wolverines, Buckeyes, Hoosiers, Badgers and Illini.

Hard to believe with the start we had. And I must say - if I were a fan of the Hawkeyes, Gophers, Nittany Lions and even Spartans, I'd be pissed at the rest of the conference.

Wait a minute - I AM a fan of one of those teams, and I AM pissed. What a pathetic performance. Thanks SO MUCH Wolverines, Buckeyes, Hoosiers, Badgers and Illini.
I remember my first beer...

Indiana went incontinent against TN. Failure to anticipate an onside kick after Tennessee scored a TD with 4 minutes remaining was terrible coaching. Ohio State and Wisconsin just plain turned the ball over too much. Even as poorly as they played they were in position to win. In the end the QB for Michigan and their receivers were no match for Alabama's.

The ice is getting thin for Harbaugh at Michigan. It is similarly eerie to what Nebraska is going through, changing coaches to win a national championship because a couple of 9 and 3 years aren't good enough. Even with stepped up recruiting neither Nebraska nor Michigan are close to OSU. They will catch up when OSU slides back.

oh well. at least not the Big 12 (1-5)

Well MIch and Wisky played higher ranked teams and you are not going to win all of those. Iowa held serve and Minny gutted one out against probably a better team. Illinois and Indiana were just glad to be there and absorbing the success. I was busy and didnt see IU but if they werent ready for an onside kick after being up 16-6 with 20 minutes to go then yes that coaching staff needs to soul search.

The Buckeyes looked so much better than Clemson for most of the game but not finishing drives for TDs gave clemson life and Dobbins going lame didnt help. The 67 yard Lawrence td run was a huge dagger that was never expected.

Indiana went incontinent against TN. Failure to anticipate an onside kick after Tennessee scored a TD with 4 minutes remaining was terrible coaching. Ohio State and Wisconsin just plain turned the ball over too much. Even as poorly as they played they were in position to win. In the end the QB for Michigan and their receivers were no match for Alabama's.

The ice is getting thin for Harbaugh at Michigan. It is similarly eerie to what Nebraska is going through, changing coaches to win a national championship because a couple of 9 and 3 years aren't good enough. Even with stepped up recruiting neither Nebraska nor Michigan are close to OSU. They will catch up when OSU slides back.

I personally think that people put too much stock in bowl performances. The conference is, overall, still improving.

When will OSU slide back? Doesn't look to be imminent. I like the thought, but it might be a while.

I root for Iowa, not other B1G teams.

IU could have gone either way. Bama had more depth. Would guess Clemson too. MN was the better team in the trenches and speed. IL has no depth and were receiver short which was their strength. Thought Big looked OK. Wisky played up and were really 2nd or 3rd best in west. IU just arriving.

PSU played down. M is not Iowa and played way up. Iowa played down and would not have given up some of what Wisky did.

I was impressed with Indiana's performance, I didn't think they could hang with Tennessee and that DL was tearing up the Hoosier OL. The onside kick was, IMO, due to inexperience. Indiana is so used to losing that they don't know how to handle big leads.

Overall the Big Ten did well in the bowls, the only one to get blown out was Illinois and they were lucky to be there. Wisconsin and Ohio State were the better teams in their bowls but they made to many mistakes to win. Nobody expected Michigan to beat Alabama and they kept it close for most of the game.

Sums it up quite well. About 5 plays from being 7-2 in the games. I couldn't believe Indiana wasn't set up for the onside kick. Watching, I thought, this isn't going to go well. Questionable calls against OSU and Wisconsin, but they did enough to hurt themselves.

Yeah, 4-5 record with 1-2 record in NY6 bowls is very respectable. It is much better than the Big 12 did. Memphis was a damned tough team and we're lucky PSU was able to handle them.

If you're only going to look at the records then, no, a below .500 record in the bowls is not respectable. I watched most of the games (except Pedo State and Illinois) and I thought the Big Ten played well.

If you aren't in the playoffs, then you're playing an exhibition game. Who gives a fuq.

The coaches, players, and many of the fans. You clearly don't give a fuq, but you might be in the minority in terms of hard core college football fans.

Do you think Iowa thought the Holiday Bowl was merely an exhibition? They certainly gave a big fuq.

Iowa fans sure give a fuq when they lose a bowl game, yet many turn around and say it doesn't matter when they win. What the fuq?

At any rate, having only playoffs matter (and honestly, Clemson and usually Alabama), is NOT progress IMHO. Fuq yeah.

If you aren't in the playoffs, then you're playing an exhibition game. Who gives a fuq.

Bowl games are just an oddity. They are played a month after the season is over at a neutral site that is half full.

They count and they're the last game until September so in that sense its good to win and have a good taste in your mouth for the next 8 months but would love to see them all get whacked in favor of a post-season, on campus playoff.

Let’s hope Indiana saves their best performance for week 1 next year at Wisconsin and knocks off the Badgers.

The coaches, players, and many of the fans. You clearly don't give a fuq, but you might be in the minority in terms of hard core college football fans.

Do you think Iowa thought the Holiday Bowl was merely an exhibition? They certainly gave a big fuq.

Iowa fans sure give a fuq when they lose a bowl game, yet many turn around and say it doesn't matter when they win. What the fuq?

At any rate, having only playoffs matter (and honestly, Clemson and usually Alabama), is NOT progress IMHO. Fuq yeah.
You are right in that players and fans give a fuq. Me included. But in reality, the games mean very little. Especially games played by teams other than Iowa.