B1G coach of the year?

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
Unless Purdue falls apart, Painter deserves it. They lost 4 starters and they can't seem to lose. Every game I watch of them I'm rooting against them and they keep burying clutch shot after clutch shot. Its ridiculous.

If the season ended today, it's Painter, IMO.

He lost four starters. Granted, the one he returned is the POY in the league, but Boilers only losses in conference this season are at MSU and Michigan. And they avenged the MSU loss at home.

1) Painter
2) Gard
3) Fran

Plenty of time for that to change. Fran gained some momentum after the Michigan win.

You mentioned a top 3 but it seems to me like the B1G has a lot of really good coaches. Thats why its hard for me to get comfortable with Iowa right now. Too many good coaches to deal with on a nightly basis in the B1G.

Look no further than Indiana. That team was dead in the water and then out of nowhere gets the best conference win of the season. They obviously have talent but you have to give their coach credit for saving their season, at least for the time being.

Fran's at least in the discussion at this point of the year. Ya know how I know? They discussed it on the B1G network show several times throughout the last week. That said, it's Painter and I don't think it's that close.