B1G Championship Ticket and Room Packages

Golfer

My friend from Columbus called me after the game yesterday and this is going to be available again.

He is supposed to get me pricing this evening, and it's going to cost more than it did in 2021. I jinxed it last season, but I doubt I can jinx it this season.

Friday night, or Friday and Saturday night and one ticket. Tickets in 400 level, and in Loge section.

In 2021 it was $450 per person. I'm expecting closer to $600-$750 this year. Again, I'll know tonight after he gets done with NFL games.

Several posters had tickets, or had rooms, and sold either the ticket or transferred the rooms and came out ok. Splitting of tickets and rooms take a bit of work, but it's manageable.

Mid level Marriot flagged hotels, 6-7 miles from the stadium.

There is a van that will run back and forth during the day to get hotel guests to the festivities, and a van to and from the game. The Iowa turnout was so good in 2021 he shuttled Iowa fans to the Purdue basketball game on Friday evening.

Several posters took advantage in 2021. @WDM Hawk 75 comes to mind becuase I met him and his grandson. He's a good example of splitting the package. He had tickets through the U of I which are obviously less expensive at face value, and the rooms were incredibly expensive. So I took back his tickets and sold them (to Michigan fans unfortunately) and he got the room for significantly less than rooms were available for on the open market.

You would be getting these packages at the travel person's price, there is no mark up by me. How this all came about is he was stuck in 2021 with tOSU fans not wanting to sell to Michigan fans, and the Michigan demand was high. Wisconsin fans sold their packages back to him. The Michigan fanbase is not afraid to spend money, so they overpaid on the open market. He knew no one from Iowa until I contacted him, and I bought every package he had, and then resold on the message board.

This year I don't need to purchase and resell, he just wants me to let people know on this board and do some pre screening so hotel rooms don't get ripped up. His business is more hotel rooms than tickets, and has 3 entire hotels reserved. He doesn't want issue at the hotels.

In 2021 we got 4 tickets through U of I, and needed 6. I personally stayed at the hotel (and met several posters) and used the tickets. In 2015 we got 8 tickets through U of I.

Full disclosure, I'll get a deal on the package, and I have promised two deals for one press photographer and one reporter.

There is no other profit in this for me, unless someone only needs rooms, and then I'll keep and sell the tickets. I'd prefer to not get into that if possible, it turned into a lot of work for me in 2021.

I'll post specific hotels, stadium sections, pricing, etc. later today, and update the thread as necessary
I'm told the demand for sports tickets has been high even in this economy, and I've been told if tOSU gets to Indy, it's going to be difficult getting both rooms and tickets. Michigan less so.

People that bailed me out in 2021, and I saved almost all of those names, get priority.

It is tempting. This could be the last time Iowa goes to the CCG in a while.

On the other hand Iowa realistically is going to get blown out. So is it still worth it?

It is tempting. This could be the last time Iowa goes to the CCG in a while.

On the other hand Iowa realistically is going to get blown out. So is it still worth it?
I'm going to go becuase I don't think Iowa makes it for a while, and am also going to leave straight from Indianapolis to Pompano Beach.

In 2015, which was the best Iowa football game as an event I've ever attended, we got 8 tix through U of I. In 2021 we only got 4 tix through U of I. We had 6 going in 2021, so I actually used the package.

Where I made out ok was Iowa fans that had tickets but only needed rooms. These fans got the rooms at my guy's price (less the ticket) and I resold the tickets. The issue with that is I again am going to take on some risk, but the earlier I can sell the tickets and/or rooms, the better it works out for everyone involved.

As an example, I already have 4 tickets in Section 346 at face value, those are selling today on StubHub for $250.00, so I bought them. So I now have two rooms I can sell to Iowa fans that already have tickets, and the room cost for these fans is going to be significantly less than what I see online today.

It won't work well for everyone, but for some, it works out very well. If you want to stay 600 years from Lucas Oil and sit in level 100 on the 50 yard line, this isn't going to work. But if you're willing to stay someplace else, and aren't willing to pay $250 for a ticket and $250 per night for a decent room, this works out very well.

I love the chaos, I'm excited.

Latest posts