B10/P12 scheduling agreement cancelled

In his release, I wish Delaney would have stated something to the effect "while we have found an annual full 12 game schedule to be difficult to implement, both conferences will encourage inter-scheduling going forward." I don't see the need for it to be all or nothing. Both conferences have OOC slots to fill.

Go to 9 game conference slates,across all the Big 5 leagues. Standardizing the schedules will help in selection of the final four.

I would like more conference games, but the home/road imbalance is a real issue. The big 5 going to 9 games would be nice. P12, B12 and ACC(?) are already there. Lets go B10/SEC. With 14 teams, the SEC truly needs to go to 9. If they pulled the trigger, I think there would be pressure for B10 to follow.

I would like more conference games, but the home/road imbalance is a real issue. The big 5 going to 9 games would be nice. P12, B12 and ACC(?) are already there. Lets go B10/SEC. With 14 teams, the SEC truly needs to go to 9. If they pulled the trigger, I think there would be pressure for B10 to follow.

With teams not playing everyone in their league,the whole schedule is a crapshoot anyway,so the home/road imbalance might be offset by missing OSU,Wis,and PSU in the same year.

It would even out in the end.

please go to 9 game conference schedule! If other leagues are doing it, why can't the B1G?

a 9 gm conference schedule is stupid.
Only way it makes sense, at all, is if its an entire division with 4 or 5 home games.
Meaning yr 1, Legends teams have 5 homes, 4 roads & then flip the next year.
But even that is stupid.

Stupid? You would rather Iowa play UNI or Ball State instead of Illinois and Wisconsin? Maybe you get 1 less home conference game.....who cares, make it up in the pre-conference games. The B12 and P12 have 9 conference game schedules.

Stupid? You would rather Iowa play UNI or Ball State instead of Illinois and Wisconsin? Maybe you get 1 less home conference game.....who cares, make it up in the pre-conference games. The B12 and P12 have 9 conference game schedules.

Yes, its incredibly stupid.
Purposely GIVING half the teams a competitive advantage, the biggest competitive advantage, is stupid.

The Pac12 coaches HATE it.

First time Iowa finished 8-4 & someone finishes 9-3 ahead of them but they had 1 more home game and they get a better bowl game, uh, yeah, stupid as hell.

If the Pac12 doesn't want to do this, fine, Jim Delany needs to get out of his comfort zone and maybe do something with the ACC or SEC or a mix. Get creative. The fixation with the Pac and the Rose Bowl is tired.

Or better yet, Jim Delany should step down. He was absolutely pwned in the playoff negotiations.

A ninth conference game wouldn't replace UNI/BSU/MAC. It'd replace Pitt/Ariz/BCS.

Iowa will continue to schedule:

1AA or Sunbelt
MAC
ISU
P12 game/9th conference game/(Pitt/Ariz/AzSU)

With teams not playing everyone in their league,the whole schedule is a crapshoot anyway,so the home/road imbalance might be offset by missing OSU,Wis,and PSU in the same year.

It would even out in the end.

I more or less agree, but there would be endless griping. See the P12 coaches.

This sucks, I was looking forward to these games.

But yeah, since this fell through they need to go to 9 conference games. I would rather get Wisconsin back on the schedule than another directional MAC school.

Jon told us that SOS would be a big deal.
LOL

Same as it always was.

Delany didn't even win that one.
MY GOODNESS he got PWNED

Latest posts