B.J.

Ask Bradley University fans of how happy they are as of late with hiring an ex legend from the school with no coaching experience....

How about Les Jepsen??!! He is from the Midwest, some people liked him when he was a Hawkeye.... plus he is tall?

Yes. Yes. I like where this going...maybe Lad Brohaus and Erik Hansen can come as assistants and we could have the only all 7 footer coaching staff in America!

Yes. Yes. I like where this going...maybe Lad Brohaus and Erik Hansen can come as assistants and we could have the only all 7 footer coaching staff in America!

The only downside is those guys all had bad haircut's.......... you know with the kids these days that might hurt recruiting...........

Hmmmmm.... why not have Brody Boyd sit on the shoulders of John Licklighter and have them wear a long trench coat over them so it looks like one really huge guy instead of two really small ones. They would have the trifecta, height, x-o's knowledge, and recruiting ties.

Hmmmmm.... why not have Brody Boyd sit on the shoulders of John Licklighter and have them wear a long trench coat over them so it looks like one really huge guy instead of two really small ones. They would have the trifecta, height, x-o's knowledge, and recruiting ties.

And a ton of HEART and play hardedness(?). You can't coach the intangibles that have become pretty much worthless in college basketball since Brian Cardinal graduated...

I threw B.J. in my top 5 on the coaching list thread as a joke, but there's always a little truth in every joke...what I'd like to see with B.J. if he's serious about coaching, is for him to go Ryne Sandberg and get his feet wet with doing more work in the pre-season with the team...and if he finds it is indeed something he wants to pursue, bring him on staff, let him learn the ropes and let him go somewhere and cut his teeth on smaller programs in the midwest and build some ties and REALLY get a feel for what it's like to be "THE guy"...and see what happens. In reality though, I don't think he's interested in the least, in doing that...he's getting a little too old to start thinking about a career change that will take years to come to fruition.

As for deadeyededric...I wouldn't be so quick to guarantee ANY wins for Iowa State, unless it's an intrasquad scrimmage...which at this point in Ames, is aka "3 on 3 drills"...

Well heck, then let's bring in Adam Sandler as our next coach. He is exciting!? He doesn't have the deep Iowa ties but he did star in two sports movies (Billy Madison and The Longest Yard). Maybe he could get Carrot top and Joan Rivers as his assistant coaches.

I think you're onto something here. He was also in The Water Boy, a movie that had the Hawkeye football team making an appearance, so he has the Iowa connection thing working for him.

I think you're onto something here. He was also in The Water Boy, a movie that had the Hawkeye football team making an appearance, so he has the Iowa connection thing working for him.

Would've beaten them too...if it hadn't been for Mr. Coach Cline telling Bobby that "water sucks!"...that sumb!tch! :mad:

Stupid post; we can't afford Adam Sandler.

Not so sure about that. I think Sandler would do it for the love of the game. Unfortunately, I think he's tied up for the rest of next year filming his next movie in Hawaii with Nick Swardson.

Who do you think would have a more commanding presence around 18-21 year old young ball players-- B.J. Armstrong or Keno Davis? Who has a better chance at being able to relate to the kids? Who will they look up to more? Who do you think would be better at identifying talent? Who has a better chance of getting into a player's living room during recruiting? B.J. has won NBA championships, and played with Michael. Keno coached a Drake team that he inherited for 1 year. He was 4-14 in the Big East this year. Keno may become an awesome coach, but if you want to roll the dice on one of these two guys, I'll go with B.J.. What exactly do you think he would be so deficient in? His whole life has been basketball. Ask John Calipari, who recently said exactly this-- it's about recruiting in the game of college basketball. I am just saying I like B.J.'s chacnes to recruit better than Keno's.

B.J. would be a good assistant coach/recruiter to have on the new staff, but NOT as the HEAD coach!! You are crazy to think he would be a good choice for head coach without ANY head coaching experience or assistant coaching experience at the college or NBA level. Again, let him be on the staff and get some experience.

Who do you think would have a more commanding presence around 18-21 year old young ball players-- B.J. Armstrong or Keno Davis? Who has a better chance at being able to relate to the kids? Who will they look up to more? Who do you think would be better at identifying talent? Who has a better chance of getting into a player's living room during recruiting? B.J. has won NBA championships, and played with Michael. Keno coached a Drake team that he inherited for 1 year. He was 4-14 in the Big East this year. Keno may become an awesome coach, but if you want to roll the dice on one of these two guys, I'll go with B.J.. What exactly do you think he would be so deficient in? His whole life has been basketball. Ask John Calipari, who recently said exactly this-- it's about recruiting in the game of college basketball. I am just saying I like B.J.'s chacnes to recruit better than Keno's.

Insert Bobby Hansen's name wherever you see BJ's and you can make the same argument.

That should show you how silly of a rationale you've given us.

BJ is one of the greaqt Hawks and a tremendous person. Something tells me if he wanted to coach; he would have looked into it by now. Besides having shown no interest in coaching, no experience, and the fact that he probably makes more money with half the effort as an agent; I am sure he is right at the top of Barta's list.

Thank you, Jon Miller, for updating the boards with your info on B.J.. That is why people come on these boards, to learn information about what is going on behind the scenes. You have an awesome web-site here, and it is so fun to follow the action by coming on and reading your boards.

Yesterday I started this thread and was mocked. I just appreciate you weighing in with your info. Now, B.J.'s picture is on the front page of TOS. I understand that it is still not likely, but I stand firm in my position that if we can't get one of the top targets, I strongly prefer this to any type of second tier hire. We need enthusiasm, a spark, and energy out of this. Sometimes you have to break the mold and take a chance. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

Latest posts