Awful officiating

All Olaseni had to do was make a layup and the whole fiasco would have been averted. Instead he went up like 2A Iowa girl and tried to lay it in and missed it. Second attempt he got fouled, but Iowa got away with some too. WI has guys that can make shots and we have a team full of guys who look at Marble and White to bail them out.

Ah yes, comparing Olaseni to a girl. Nice!

All Olaseni had to do was make a layup and the whole fiasco would have been averted. Instead he went up like 2A Iowa girl and tried to lay it in and missed it. Second attempt he got fouled, but Iowa got away with some too. WI has guys that can make shots and we have a team full of guys who look at Marble and White to bail them out.

Ah yes, comparing Olaseni to a girl. Nice!

I guess I'm a homer to officials but I didn't think it was called that one sided or bad prior the the Ts. As usual there fouls/calls that went both ways.

Granted after the explosion they called everything to make sure they maintained control of the game.

I guess I'm a homer to officials but I didn't think it was called that one sided or bad prior the the Ts. As usual there fouls/calls that went both ways.

Granted after the explosion they called everything to make sure they maintained control of the game.

Actually the box score shows fouls at 23 to 22. While I know that isn't the whole story it shows the officiating wasn't as one sided as a lot of posters want to believe.

Actually the box score shows fouls at 23 to 22. While I know that isn't the whole story it shows the officiating wasn't as one sided as a lot of posters want to believe.

We missed more than our fair share. What's with Gesell and free throws in crunch time? This is very disappointing.

It's the new rules. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

It's going to ruin the game. Every game will be a free throw contest.

I was under the impression that the new rules were primarily about handchekcing the ball handlers but it seems most of the fouls being called are in the post.

Its seems like all an offensive player has to do is create contact throw the ball up and a foul is immediately whistled on the defender even if hes just standing there arms straight up.

Its insane.

Olaseni drives me crazy. He can extend his reach a foot and a half above the rim and on that shot he actually released the ball below the rim and hit the bottom of it.

He has got to figure out that that is not acceptable.

I feel like part of this is on the staff, if hes playing for someone like Tom Izzo I just don't see him not grasping the importance of finishing around the rim.

college basketball far and away the worse officiating sport of all time... but its been this way for 40 years

College sports in general is poorly overseen and dirty.

The sooner the NCAA goes away in favor of a real governing body the better.

There is just no standards and no accountability for poor or questionable performance.

I find myself wondering why he and Woody don't go up like Zellar did last year. Everytime he got the ball near the basket, he was throwing it down and anyone who got in the way was going with it. As a 7 footer under the basket, if you get the ball at point blank range you should never miss unless there's a hard foul.

Woodbury can't physically do it.

Gabe on the other hand has no excuse other than lack of experience.

Olaseni drives me crazy. He can extend his reach a foot and a half above the rim and on that shot he actually released the ball below the rim and hit the bottom of it.

He has got to figure out that that is not acceptable.

I feel like part of this is on the staff, if hes playing for someone like Tom Izzo I just don't see him not grasping the importance of finishing around the rim.

Look, some kids have "it" and go looking for contact while others try to avoid it. It's obvious Gabe and Woody try to avoid it. Simple as that.

At first the refs were allowing for some rough play inside and then ticky-tac on one end and NBA playoffs on the other. Marbel's charge call was ridiculous, the guy was obviously moving and too far under the hoop. Gesell two times in a row driving right side and getting whacked under the hoop and that's when you could start seeing the steam come out of Fran's ears and then the Olaseni fouls sent him over the edge.

College sports in general is poorly overseen and dirty.

The sooner the NCAA goes away in favor of a real governing body the better.

There is just no standards and no accountability for poor or questionable performance.

They go as far as to have a rule that you can't even mention how bad they are or you get fined. I wish my job had that rule in place. If anyone says I suck they get in trouble!

At first the refs were allowing for some rough play inside and then ticky-tac on one end and NBA playoffs on the other. Marbel's charge call was ridiculous, the guy was obviously moving and too far under the hoop. Gesell two times in a row driving right side and getting whacked under the hoop and that's when you could start seeing the steam come out of Fran's ears and then the Olaseni fouls sent him over the edge.

Quite frankly he had no business being there, after the first couple of times he drove and got blocked or missed he should have stayed out of there.

They should really go as far as to say if you flop you don't get the call whether you were fouled or not. It's the easiest thing in the game to call correctly. If he goes down back arched shoulders first it is a flop. That's the only way to generate quick momentum to lunge backwards to the ground. The foul on Marble was such an obvious flop that the ref should have been kicked in the nuts for calling it.

Latest posts