Away game vs. Indiana

Does anyone know what section Iowa fans sit in for the Indiana game in Bloomington, I'm looking for tickets to the game but really don't want to sit amongst a lot of hoosier fans considering i live amongst them every day....:)

GO HAWKS!!!

I can't specifically answer your question, but...I don't think the loosiers sell a lot of football tix. I'm pretty sure you can show up on game day, buy the cheapest available ticket, and sit wherever you want.
They are a crap program playing in a crap stadium. They (proudly??) consider themselves to be "a basketball school".

50 yardline row 30. Perfect seats with room for your coat, hotdog and soda on the seat right next to you.

I was at the game 2 years ago in Bloomington, and ordered tickets through IU this year. The last time, they were about on the 50 yard line on the home side. There were a few Indiana fans around, but they were cordial and not rude. The actual visitor section is the 2 furthest south sections on the home side.

Does anyone know what section Iowa fans sit in for the Indiana game in Bloomington, I'm looking for tickets to the game but really don't want to sit amongst a lot of hoosier fans considering i live amongst them every day....:)

GO HAWKS!!!

I think an easier question is...what section does the Hoosier fans sit in?

I was at the game 2 years ago in Bloomington, and ordered tickets through IU this year. The last time, they were about on the 50 yard line on the home side. There were a few Indiana fans around, but they were cordial and not rude. The actual visitor section is the 2 furthest south sections on the home side.
I went to the 06 and 08 games as well.

The stadium was a morgue in 2006, and even more so in 2008 since they actually added 5k seats by enclosing the north endzone...go figure.

You can park within a 5 minute walk to the stadium for $10, and I scalped two tix for $20 a piece (06 and 08) and probably overpaid. Both games, I sat amongst the Iowa fans, pressbox side (west side), about the 20 yard line (south endzone side of field), approximately 35 rows up. The east side of the stadium was empty by the middle of the third quarter each game.

I'll add...if you haven't been there, Bloomington is situated in beautiful Brown county and is worth a look around. However, it's a hike to get there. I stayed overnight in Indy both times. They also allow you to leave the stadium and come back in with your original ticket.

Last edited:
I haven't been to an Indiana football or basketball game, but it seems like, right now, it's pretty easy.

You can get a ticket at an Indiana game and feel comfortable proudly wearing your Iowa gear much like an Indiana fan can come to Kinnick and be comfortable wearing Indiana gear.

The basketball thing is self-explanitory.

I've also recently heard that by calling IU you can get tickets for $5 with a student ID (from any college or university). But I think you have to have an ID for each ticket when you pick them up on gameday. Some of the specifics may be wrong, but I'm right on the price, anybody else have clarification?

I went to the 06 and 08 games as well.

The stadium was a morgue in 2006, and even more so in 2008 since they actually added 5k seats by enclosing the north endzone...go figure.

You can park within a 5 minute walk to the stadium for $10, and I scalped two tix for $20 a piece (06 and 08) and probably overpaid. Both games, I sat amongst the Iowa fans, pressbox side (west side), about the 20 yard line (south endzone side of field), approximately 35 rows up. The east side of the stadium was empty by the middle of the third quarter each game.

I'll add...if you haven't been there, Bloomington is situated in beautiful Brown county and is worth a look around. However, it's a hike to get there. I stayed overnight in Indy both times. They also allow you to leave the stadium and come back in with your original ticket.

Tailgating in '08 was a great time!

indiana2008.jpg

With the IU and NU games back to back, the fans could really make it so the Hawks basically have 9 home games. With the premium on home game tickets this year, these two games are a great way to experience this possible memorable season at bargain basement prices.

Let's try to outnumber the home team in back to back weeks.

Latest posts