Augusta National

NEIChawk

My fellow HN'ers. I am embarking on a great adventure w/some great friends down to the Masters. My friend got some practice rounds tix for Tuesday. I am pumped beyond anything. I will tell you all about it when I return. ..

Did you get my reply to your message NEIC? For some reason I tried twice and can't figure out if it went through

Did you get my reply to your message NEIC? For some reason I tried twice and can't figure out if it went through

I did man, thanks. I'll send a couple of pics to ya. I hope you get there some day, experience of a life time

It must have been heartbreaking for Jordan. :D

Spieth said it perfectly after his round that after # 9 he was at -7 and he knew that shooting just par on the back 9 would almost definitely win it so he stopped attacking.

He said he wasnt aggressive with his swing and on # 10 he left his drive short and right, left his 6 iron approach short and right in the bunker.

Same thing on 11 and 12.

So even the best of players and he is great can lose their concentration, lose their focus or play it too cautious. He said it will really hurt but I bet he learns to keep going after flags.

I think he is amazing to watch the way he bounces back, wow, after being 6 over on 10-12 he birdies 13, just barely missies birdie at 14, lasers the flag at 15 and gets birdie and then is just a little unlucky at 16 where he lasers the flag but it doesnt check leaving him a tough 10 footer downhill.

he was very close to birdying 4 in a row again in the same round.

He's an amazing player for sure, but his snail pace of play drives me insane.

Constantly backing away was driving me nutty as well. I've Never noticed that before this Tourny and I usually notice these things. I get the sense this is something new. He was docked strokes on the European Tour earlier this year in Jan. That type of play can mentally drain a competitor playing with you and both Rory and Smylie didn't have good rounds paired with Jordan. Be curious to look at the rounds of the Thursday/Friday guys paired with Jordan, because Friday his group was put on the clock on 11 for being out of pace.

Latest posts