Attn: Mike Gesell

And right on queue, Mike has what looks to be, on paper at least since I can't stream the game, an awesome game. But again, this is against Pepperdine. I look forward to a performance like this against a quality opponent. C'mon, Mike, find some confidence!

Mike Gesell 3-3 beyond the arc...that can't be right because he can't shoot. Oh yeah, it's just Pepperdine, right. I think an open jump shot is an open jump shot whether you are playing against the Lakers or against a bunch of naked nuns. You still have to put it in the hole. Good luck with the nuns.

This is just what he needed to get some confidence. He even nailed a couple free throws late in the game when it was still in doubt. He had a few ugly turnovers but I don't think that matters for his confidence. It's all about his shooting at this point and he was on fire tonight.

This isn't true. He's got great hops, just not without some momentum. Have you seen him dunk off of two legs? I have. He can get up well for his size. His problem is that he doesn't gather and make a strong pop at the rim, he leaves his feet too early and jumps out not up. He was also getting blocked by guys athletic 6'9".

Someone has convinced him he can take it to the hole all the time...that's not his game. penetrate and dish is his game...with the occasional finish. He needs to play smart when he's penetrating. His defense was pretty good last night, but he needs to play smarter with the ball and do what his team needs him to do, penetrate and get the ball to the shooters.

This is the best summary of Mike's drives to the hoop. when he drives to the hoop in transition he can easily get to the hoop and has plenty of hop.

When the defense is set and he gets by his man to attack the hoop he many times is shooting on his way up , WOTC says it right that he needs to get one more longer stride to explode to the rim, get high to the rim where they cant block it, or do a jump stop to gather and explode up.

I have seen MG on defense get above the rim to block shots, he did it against Syracuse, and when he has the open lane to the hoop he gets his had to the rim.

Please stop blindly driving deep into the lane and continue to get blocked. Please stop taking shots at the end of the half that you can't make.

This was a pet peeve of mine last season and I hope he can correct it.
He won't because Fran has told him to keep attacking the rim so you probably need to start a thread of

Attn: Fran RE: Mike Gesell.

;)I'm gonna break you in half
images

Seriously I don't understand whats the point of this thread? Mike Gesell have been playing for us almost 2 and 1/2 years. He will be fine.

Latest posts