Attended Exhibition Game

Lets all take a breath, it was a PRE-SEASON EXHIBITION GAME, kind of like a scrimmage. If you are judging the future of this team based on this PRE-SEASON GAME, then you are a moron.

No point guard in the ten will be as fast as that one.
I'm sure Jordan Taylor might have a little something to say about that. As well as whoever Michigan State puts out there.

Not even a close comparison. You obviously weren't there tonight. Just cause there NWMS doesn't mean there slower then any big ten teams? It's called recruiting style. This coach obviously likes faster players. B1G is more possession.

Lets all take a breath, it was a PRE-SEASON EXHIBITION GAME, kind of like a scrimmage. If you are judging the future of this team based on this PRE-SEASON GAME, then you are a moron.

Pretty sure that didn't happen and no one is freaking out like your post suggests.

I don't think I have seen anyone say anything about the future based off of this. No one has said anything close to that from what I can tell.

In fact I don't think we learned much from the game other than seeing the new guys face actual competition other than watching their high school highlight tape or PTL action which is not that structured.

So no over reactions either way in this thread.

I intended to jot these down during the game but got distracted shooting pics so they may not be 100% accurate but here's another reason why exhibition & pre-season games prove to be so useful. I believe there were no less than 5 significant rotations being looked at for extended periods of time today with White getting a serious look at the 5.

Cartwright / Gatens / May / Basabe / Archie
Cartwright / Gatens / Marble / Basabe / White
Cartwright / Oglesby / Marble / Basabe / White
Marble / Gatens / Oglesby / McCabe / White
Marble / Gatens / May / White (?) / Olesani

Good stuff, thanksHow bad was the team we played?
They weren't terrible. A nice DII team. What they had was size and a lot of it. They really out-boarded us in the first half but we were just too much in the 2nd.The exhibition did what it needs to do. Give a bit of a test to show the team where they are, where they need to improve, and what will be the bread and butter.One of my buddies said on twitter that

So you follow me on Twitter?

It was frustrating to see Basabe just not care at all about the game. His body language was worse than his effort which was also terrible. Not good to have your best player act like that this early in the season.

Your overview was damn good though. The freshman will be good but they all need to add a significant amount of weight. White will get crushed down low in the Big Ten right now.

May and Gatens played well imo, they are who we thought they were. Sadly, so is Marble. His misses just aren't very close and the rim can't appreciate his shots.

lol at some people...I can already see it...we drop a couple games early...and the board goes into meltdown...Way too many expectations on this team...they'll improve, and Fran has the program on the right path finally...but....not this year...the important thing this year is to keep making baby steps.

you do realize Marble missed most of the fall practices due to the concussion, and just got cleared to practice this week, i would like to see you even try to perform at 100% after 5 maybe 6 days of practice

kinda funny really, a kid plays for a DII school, so he clearly can not be any good and anybody in the BT, just has to be 10 x better