Attendance

abby97

As exciting as this team is making it this year, why is attendance at Carver so low? I saw a lot of empty seats and read that there were about 10k in attendance?

The last three games have been played during winter storms. The driving has been hairy and I only live across the river. I talked to someone who drove down from Cedar Rapids last night and said traffic was moving at about 35-40 MPH on 380.

The crowds have been smaller but loud. Last night was especially loud. Turgeon, Juwan Howard and Pikiell all commented on how tough it was. Pikiell called it one of the tougher road games in the Big Ten.

I was surprised that many had ventured out. Why weren't you at the game?

I live in St. Louis and have been a football season ticket holder for 27 years but it is hard to driver 5 hours for every basketball game. Sorry that I upset your female sensibilities by asking a legitimate attendance question........

Look at stadiums all over the country - even Duke had a bunch of open seats the other night. It's not an Iowa thing... but I will say - Nebraska, ISU and Creighton all do pretty well and are close in proximity, but even they have empty seats. I think the fans are catching on with this team.

The last three games have been played during winter storms. The driving has been hairy and I only live across the river. I talked to someone who drove down from Cedar Rapids last night and said traffic was moving at about 35-40 MPH on 380.

The crowds have been smaller but loud. Last night was especially loud. Turgeon, Juwan Howard and Pikiell all commented on how tough it was. Pikiell called it one of the tougher road games in the Big Ten.
I was not there but the Michigan and Rutgers games seemed "loud" and energetic from my venue. I believe during the Michigan game one of the announcers said something to the effect of, "This place is rocking, and most of the game fans are standing on their feet." As the camera showed a picture of about 150 fans sitting on their rears, watching the "excitement."

I live in St. Louis and have been a football season ticket holder for 27 years but it is hard to driver 5 hours for every basketball game. Sorry that I upset your female sensibilities by asking a legitimate attendance question........
I think his question was just as legitimate as yours. So it sounds like you’re a bit too sensitive.
But there’s bad weather in Iowa and a decent chunk of attenders come from DM area.

I was not there but the Michigan and Rutgers games seemed "loud" and energetic from my venue. I believe during the Michigan game one of the announcers said something to the effect of, "This place is rocking, and most of the game fans are standing on their feet." As the camera showed a picture of about 150 fans sitting on their rears, watching the "excitement."
Yeah, I remember that too LOL

but IIRC it was going to or coming out of a commercial TO

I think his question was just as legitimate as yours. So it sounds like you’re a bit too sensitive.
But there’s bad weather in Iowa and a decent chunk of attenders come from DM area.
Sorry, if I was sensitive but we are all Hawkeye fans and I was just curious and not expecting a smart A$# response. Are you may be an apologist for all smart a$&........

Sorry, if I was sensitive but we are all Hawkeye fans and I was just curious and not expecting a smart A$# response. Are you may be an apologist for all smart a$&........
Put your big boy pants on if you think the question he asked was over-the-top smart ass.

Oh, by the way, I responded to you without being a smart-ass but that didn’t stop you from responding to me that way, did it....

Last edited by a moderator:
If you caught any of the psu/um game waiting for Iowa/Rutgers, then you probably noticed the empty seats at Crisler. That place was a graveyard.

If you win, the folks will be there. Even Hilton has plenty of empty seats now.

If you caught any of the psu/um game waiting for Iowa/Rutgers, then you probably noticed the empty seats at Crisler. That place was a graveyard.

If you win, the folks will be there. Even Hilton has plenty of empty seats now.
Hilton is magical.

So there’s some slight of hand going on

I had planned to go to the last two friday night games and the weather just made it too difficult. I live 2.5 hours away and just didn't want to battle that and turn it in to a 3.5 hour white knuckle ride. Sucks for the Team.

CzMdn2KUQAELhio

"Female sensibilities", what is that supposed to mean? You slamming me by poking fun of women?

Latest posts