aTm.....it's official, SEC bound.....

When the SWC broke up it was the legislature that stepped in and forced Tech, A&M, Baylor, and UT to stay in the same conference. If they want to keep A&M from moving to the SEC they will figure out a way.

Well I hope all members of the Texas legislature can be in Austin by Monday before A&M accepts the invite from the SEC.

the fox news ch 4 sports reporter here in Benbrook (Fort Worth), basically said that this is a done deal on the broadcast following the TB @ KC game.

take it for what it is worth. but this is starting to grow not just legs, but roots....

WHOOPS

especially you, "hawkfaninTX', because you're such an insufferable tool

WHOOPS

especially you, "hawkfaninTX', because you're such an insufferable tool

THE SEC CAN'T INVITE THEM. How is this so difficult to understand? It's no different than when Nebraska came to the Big Ten. They have to apply, then their application is either accepted/denied. That's not just some Big Ten thing, where we consider ourselves above asking people to join.

Texas A&M regents meet tomorrow, when they will vote to apply for the SEC. And the SEC will accept their application.

ESPN is hardly the place to go for news on this. They have a VERY vested interest in keeping the Big 12 together.

THE SEC CAN'T INVITE THEM. How is this so difficult to understand? It's no different than when Nebraska came to the Big Ten. They have to apply, then their application is either accepted/denied. That's not just some Big Ten thing, where we consider ourselves above asking people to join.

Texas A&M regents meet tomorrow, when they will vote to apply for the SEC. And the SEC will accept their application.

ESPN is hardly the place to go for news on this. They have a VERY vested interest in keeping the Big 12 together.

mind your tone with me young man

"Tomorrow the BOR will vote that the BIg 12 conference has failed to meet its obligation and fudiciary duties:

1. Money that was supposed to be given to A&M has not materialized
2. The commissioner has not acted fairly amongst the Big 12 members
3. Contracts negotiated last May have not materialized and not all parties were being truthful to their conference commitments.

BOR will vote to sign an official grievance with the BIg 12 commissioner and authorize Loftin permission to apply with various BCS conferences for admission. IT may also state if no admission is found, A&M will go independent.

Loftin will publicly announce that they will be applying with all the other BCS conferences so as not to show collusion between A&M and the SEC.

SEC will see they are intending to apply with several BCS leagues and immediately accept their formal application for further consideration, but all other applications must be withdrawn.

They withdraw the other applications or intentions to apply, and the SEC votes 12-0 for A&M."

Got this from an A&M site on how they figure things will go down.

Regardless of my tone, the point still stands. The SEC stands to be sued if they actually invited A&M. It's just like tampering with players that are under contract.

There is no contract involved genius. This was a hot topic last summer when it was found out there was no hard document holding the Big 12 together. Explain to me how the PAC 10 invited the whole southern division last year and wasn't sued? Becuase they can. The SEC is staying at 12. A/M is not going. You are wrong.

There is no contract involved genius. This was a hot topic last summer when it was found out there was no hard document holding the Big 12 together. Explain to me how the PAC 10 invited the whole southern division last year and wasn't sued? Becuase they can. The SEC is staying at 12. A/M is not going. You are wrong.

What do you think of Marcus Coker, Mr. Critical?

Many predicting the announcement will come in 3 weeks. Lots of people, including Big 12 talking heads think this will happen, but we've heard all kinds of crazy things the past few days. I give it a 70/30 shot. Of course I know nothing, and neither do most writing about this situation

No, there's only exit penalties. I wonder why there would be penalties for leaving a conference if you're supposedly free to come and go as you please? :rolleyes:

Hey dumba$$ if those teams would have left 1) there wouldn't have been a Big 12 left to bring a lawsuit anyway and 2) they didn't leave so they couldn't bring a lawsuit just because maybe they were "invited". Anyway you don't get an invite to any conference, you have to APPLY TO JOIN.

I don't know if A&M will end up in the SEC by next year but tomorrow at their BOR's meeting they will vote yes to apply for membership to the SEC and at that point the SEC can vote yes to accept the APPLICATION and then the SEC did nothing wrong because A&M APPLIED for membership and the APPLICATION was accepted.

Even your fan base is saying A&M will be gone, time to take your head out of the sand.
http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum...hat-chance-there-m-will-gone-within-week.html

Last edited:
Isn't brett the guy who said Coker wasn't good and would struggle against Missouri? The fact that he continues to post this level of trash on this board says little for his IQ. If that wasn't you brett, I take it back, but you are wrong on this one.

Isn't brett the guy who said Coker wasn't good and would struggle against Missouri? The fact that he continues to post this level of trash on this board says little for his IQ. If that wasn't you brett, I take it back, but you are wrong on this one.

See my signature, it is word for word what he typed that day.

I don't know if anybody would get sued, but the SEC, like the Big Ten, has no need to make the first move. They'll let A&M make it by applying.

"You are wrong."

And if we're right, will you go away?

Latest posts