aTm.....it's official, SEC bound.....

Sure there is still plenty of room for ND or Oklahoma.

Not directed toward you Hawkeyescott, but is the majority of the Iowa fanbase, or big ten for that matter, still on the bring in ND band-wagon? 20 years ago, I'll admit I wanted to see it, but now my opinion is that they had their chance and aside from their name aren't really bringing us a product. On that note, I'd love to see Oklahoma (followed by Texas) join simply based on the product they put on the field yearly. I think it would be brutal to play them yearly, however would love to see them at Kinnick every other year as a conference foe, because that's the only way we'd ever get them there. I just don't have any interest in the Irish anymore and don't really care where they end up, preferably somewhere else IMO.

On that note, I'd love to see Oklahoma (followed by Texas) join simply based on the product they put on the field yearly.
OU would be great, but they really don't seem to fit the B1G footprint. texa$$, YOU DO NOT WANT!

They killed one conference, and are about to destroy another. Besides, they, under no circumstances fit what the B1G has built and what it stands for.

Looks like the regents meeting scheduled for Aug 22 has now been moved up to Aug 15.

Looks like this will happen.

OU would be great, but they really don't seem to fit the B1G footprint. texa$$, YOU DO NOT WANT!

They killed one conference, and are about to destroy another. Besides, they, under no circumstances fit what the B1G has built and what it stands for.

Sorry, I should have reworded that. I was getting at the fact that I'd love to play them and would truly like to do home and homes with both programs, but due to the fact that nonconference schedules are basically a joke, I don't see this happening unless they were to join. Based on everything I've heard, I'd definitely pass on Texas to the Big 10, but wouldn't see Oklahoma as a bad thing. I don't see it happening but might be cool.

Looks like the regents meeting scheduled for Aug 22 has now been moved up to Aug 15.

Looks like this will happen.

I would say it is going to happen. The SEC is meeting on Sunday and now the A&M BOR moves their meeting up a week to occur a day before the Higher Education Committee of the Texas legislature meets. That right there should tell you A&M wants to announce this before that committee has a chance to meet.

I'm hearing from some of the people that live in College Station that its all over except the official vote. As mentioned, the Regents moved their meeting up to Tuesday. The SEC Presidents are expected to vote this Saturday to extend an offer to aTm. A&M would leave the Big12 at the end of the '14 schedule. They will continue their protected rivalry game against Texas but Oklahoma would be dropped.

Folks in College Station are getting tired of being treated like second class citizens within the Big12. A&M has a lot of money and feel that they can compete in the SEC.

2014 would be good for aTm to move to the SEC. Gives them a couple years to practice cheating and raise money to buy players.

I'm hearing from some of the people that live in College Station that its all over except the official vote. As mentioned, the Regents moved their meeting up to Tuesday. The SEC Presidents are expected to vote this Saturday to extend an offer to aTm. A&M would leave the Big12 at the end of the '14 schedule. They will continue their protected rivalry game against Texas but Oklahoma would be dropped.

Folks in College Station are getting tired of being treated like second class citizens within the Big12. A&M has a lot of money and feel that they can compete in the SEC.
Different than what I am hearing. I am hearing that they would start in the SEC in 2012, and they will not play the Longwhorns any more.

All hearsay, tifwiw.

You know what else was all over Twitter? Texas, OU, aTm, OSU, TT, and Colorado to the Pac-10 last summer. Pardon me if I'm skeptical of even the mighty Twitterverse.

Agree. That was supposedly a "done deal".

I'll believe A&M to the SEC when it is official.

This rumor is looking less and less like rumor and more like attempted truth. I say attempted because the Texas Legislature will be holding a special session next week after the regents for the A&M system meet on Monday. The regents meeting was moved up a week to the 15th from the 22nd. I'll have to watch the news at 10 to get more details on this as they only gave very very brief details at halftime. So even though the Aggies may want to bolt the legislature might step in and say no.

This rumor is looking less and less like rumor and more like attempted truth. I say attempted because the Texas Legislature will be holding a special session next week after the regents for the A&M system meet on Monday. The regents meeting was moved up a week to the 15th from the 22nd. I'll have to watch the news at 10 to get more details on this as they only gave very very brief details at halftime. So even though the Aggies may want to bolt the legislature might step in and say no.

The legislature isn't going to do anything, they aren't in session until January of 2013 and the governor isn't going to call a special session and have everyone there by Monday.

A&M and the SEC have sped up the approval process to negate this whole situation. Why do you think the SEC is meeting this weekend and the regents are meeting on Monday? They are going to approve and finalize this whole thing before the Texas Legislature even has a chance to disapprove. By that time the ink on the paper will be dry the Texas Legislature will be handcuffed and A&M will be an SEC member.

A&M and the SEC have sped up the approval process to negate this whole situation. Why do you think the SEC is meeting this weekend and the regents are meeting on Monday? They are going to approve and finalize this whole thing before the Texas Legislature even has a chance to disapprove. By that time the ink on the paper will be dry the Texas Legislature will be handcuffed and A&M will be an SEC member.

Exactly, why people can't figure out the reason the A&M BOR moved their meeting from the 22nd to the 15th when the Higher Education Committee was scheduled to meet on the 16th is beyond me.

When the SWC broke up it was the legislature that stepped in and forced Tech, A&M, Baylor, and UT to stay in the same conference. If they want to keep A&M from moving to the SEC they will figure out a way.

When the SWC broke up it was the legislature that stepped in and forced Tech, A&M, Baylor, and UT to stay in the same conference. If they want to keep A&M from moving to the SEC they will figure out a way.

If the ink is on the paper there is no way, unless the government is going to step in and cover the cost of breaking the contract.

Latest posts