As my first post, I’ll start a game thread for Sparty.

OK, are we trying to give Petras confidence right now? I think building our depth is more important right now, just my opinion. I would think getting Petras out and feeling good about himself would be the thing to do right now. He's looked worse on every series like he's lost focus.

OK, are we trying to give Petras confidence right now? I think building our depth is more important right now, just my opinion. I would think getting Petras out and feeling good about himself would be the thing to do right now. He's looked worse on every series like he's lost focus.
It's his 3rd game, he needs the game reps....just stop it

How do we look so bad after looking so good?
Human nature.

I still think it took Sparty a few days to come back to earth after their big Michigan win and maybe they still haven't.

That may have been Bobby Knight's biggest strength as a coach. He didn't let his team celebrate victories very long. He got them ready for the next game. Immediately, and loudly.

So if he gets knocked out of this game now that it's meaningless we get to go to a starter next week with no game experience, you just stop it.
You were calling for him to be pulled early in the 3rd. Not the time to be pulling him at that point

You were calling for him to be pulled early in the 3rd. Not the time to be pulling him at that point
I called for 2 and 3 stringers to play by the beginning of the 4th unless a 42 point lead scares you. The offense was stagnant for about his first 3 series I was afraid he would ruin his day by playing with no intention to score. I was glad to see him with the long drive but I really wanted to see the back-ups get meaningful playing time. I realize that wont happen at Iowa.

Way to go Hawkeyes
TjnK2DT.gif

Latest posts