ARob wasn't that great (and the numbers to prove it)

They were freshman you moron. You are clueless and obviously a isu troll.

ARob was a Soph this year and still averaged only 4.6 per carry.

And sorry to ruin your man crush on Wegher. He wasn't a D1 running back...and the numbers show it.

Robinson was far more important than his ypc. He was a great blocker and hit the hole. I believe he will be gone and think he should be. I look forward to seeing Coker out there for an entire season and hope Coe gets carries as well, but Robinson will be missed.

ARob was a Soph this year and still averaged only 4.6 per carry.

And sorry to ruin your man crush on Wegher. He wasn't a D1 running back...and the numbers show it.
Hey *******, when did I ever have a man crush on Wegher. Go through the last two years of posts and find where I ever said anything that would constitute a "man crush". Your a troll and a tool and if you want to stir the pot, why don't you attack Coker tonight with his 200+ yards against the 10th rated team in the nation as well as one of the top defensive teams in the nation.

Let's not worry who is better or whatever. Arob did well for Iowa this year and last year as well. He has made a boat load of mistakes and will probably be done with this program. So let's celebrate this win and Coker's effort, but not at the expense of Arob and what he has done for this program.

ARob is a below average runner...he had to break so many tackles because of his lack of ability. He was a great pass blocker though which is something Iowa hasn't had in a while. Wegher is overrated. I look at him as a poor man's Reggie Bush type. He is great in open field and as a slot or off screens. But as a Straight Forward runner he is well below average. Take Cokers yards for this year and compare them to other freshman years and remember he lost how many weeks with injury otherwise he probably become the starter as he showed later in the year. Greene is easily the best back I have seen at Iowa and Wegher the most overrated. But don't discount ARob's effort because he did ok. I think everyone would take Greene, Banks, Betts, Russell, Young, Sims, and Coker before ARob (I would put Hampton before him too) plus many others. But remember that he did play solid ball for the Hawks. He solidified the RB spot better than Paki or the RBs in Tate's introductory year.

Hey *******, when did I ever have a man crush on Wegher. Go through the last two years of posts and find where I ever said anything that would constitute a "man crush". Your a troll and a tool and if you want to stir the pot, why don't you attack Coker tonight with his 200+ yards against the 10th rated team in the nation as well as one of the top defensive teams in the nation.

LOL. Nice try. My argument was enhanced with Coker's performance last night. We would've seen a lot more Coker this year if it weren't for Kirk's now dead man crush on ARob.

We're 20+ posts into a thread on ARob's value and there has been zero mention of his lack of fumbles (prior to the concussion).

This thread is a failure, but I've had to witness JR's trolling for a while on the other board.

Hi, guys. Just thought I'd update the list of running backs with over 100 carries after last night's bowl game. :)

Greene 2008 6.0 avg
Coker 2010 5.5 avg
Young 2005 5.4 avg
Sims 2007 5.0 avg
Sims 2006 5.0 avg
Young 2007 4.7 avg
Robinson 2010 4.6 avg
Robinson 2009 4.6 avg
Young 2006 4.4 avg
Wegher 2009 4.0 avg

Interesting company that Mr. Coker is keeping. ;)

Young averaged 5.4 as a Soph.
Greene averaged 6.4 as a Soph.
Sims averaged 9.9 as a Soph.

Any other questions? :)

At the bottom of page one I asked this. No response?? I'm waiting.. Did Young, Greene and Sims carry the rock in there Sophmore as much as Adam did??

Let's look at Sophmore #'s with same work load.

At the bottom of page one I asked this. No response?? I'm waiting.. Did Young, Greene and Sims carry the rock in there Sophmore as much as Adam did??

Let's look at Sophmore #'s with same work load.

Young had more carries as a sophmore than Robinson did as a sophmore. But Young averaged nearly one yard more per carry and rushed for over 1,300 yards.

Greene and Sims both backed up Young, so I'm not really sure where you're going with this. I think Greene more than proved he could produce when given a heavier workload.

At some point you're just going to have to realize the numbers don't lie. If you want 5 yards per carry (the expectation for a good college running back), you need a guy like Greene or Coker rather than an ARob or Wegher.

JR. So your saying Adam isn't a good back just because of his YPC. Ignorant.

I will move on to other threads. This one is just to stupid.

Latest posts