Arkansas Fires Bielema

Damn ... just another thing Nebraska got beat at, today.

Riley has about 25 minutes in football time to start boxing up his things

The guy does no look healthy. He was the 'hot coach' of the year when he left Wisconsin. And he's fallen to this.

I hope he settles himself and hits the restart button. And then has success.

bret-bielema-slips.gif

Bret had a rough go in Arkansas but I'd still take him as Iowa's coach in a heartbeat. The guy had as much success in 4 or 5 years as Wisconsin's head coach as kirk has had in 2 decades. If we were to bring bret in, I believe we would immediately improve our recruiting and would immediately compete with Wisconsin in the west. Seriously, imagine the energy he'd inject into this program. But alas kirk still needs more time to show what he can do.

Bret will probably end up in Nebraska which is bad news for us.

Bret had a rough go in Arkansas but I'd still take him as Iowa's coach in a heartbeat. The guy had as much success in 4 or 5 years as Wisconsin's head coach as kirk has had in 2 decades. If we were to bring bret in, I believe we would immediately improve our recruiting and would immediately compete with Wisconsin in the west. Seriously, imagine the energy he'd inject into this program. But alas kirk still needs more time to show what he can do.

BB and Gary Anderson both had success at Wis. Both are now currently unemployed. That should tell you something. It wasn't them, it was Wis itself (and Barry Alvarez) mainly responsible for their success.

Yeah, uhn-uhn

Barry averaged 8 wins his last 6 years as head coach with no 11+ win seasons. They were basically Iowa under Barry.

Bret average 10 wins a year in 6 years as Wisconsin's head coach with 3 11 win seasons and 3 rose bowls.

Barry knows how to hire coaches sure, but to attribute to him brets success, uhn-uhn.

Latest posts