Arizona State's Trent Lockett

Look at everyone getting on the transfer bandwagon. Hypocrites around here. And spare me the agony of trying to say it's "different" with ISU.

We've all seen it can work, now we want in on it. CFH probably ruined CBB as now the transfer recruiting circuit is going to be hotter than the HS and JUCO recruiting circuit and I can see it easily getting messy. Great idea by CFH though he is the originator.

In the article it said that his mom has cancer, so I would expect him to go back to Minnesota somewhere.

In the article it said that his mom has cancer, so I would expect him to go back to Minnesota somewhere.
Wouldn't he have to get a wavier in order to transfer to somewhere like Iowa or Iowa State?

Minnesota has to be his only option here given his reasons to leave.

Wouldn't he have to get a wavier in order to transfer to somewhere like Iowa or Iowa State?

Agreed. If he doesn't walk on at Minny, then maybe takes a scholly at a smaller school in Minnesota. Whatever is best for the family.

Nope. He graduated in 3 years so he can go to any school and play right away for 1 season.

Nope. He graduated in 3 years so he can go to any school and play right away for 1 season.

What do you expect? People either don't read the article or don't understand the rules & make offhand comments off the tops of their heads.

The only conditions to Lockett transferring are the ones placed on his release by ASU. Further, ASU does not have to release him.

Look at everyone getting on the transfer bandwagon. Hypocrites around here. And spare me the agony of trying to say it's "different" with ISU.

We've all seen it can work, now we want in on it. CFH probably ruined CBB as now the transfer recruiting circuit is going to be hotter than the HS and JUCO recruiting circuit and I can see it easily getting messy. Great idea by CFH though he is the originator.

There's a difference between using a transfer to round out your roster, and building your team off of a majority of transfer players, several who have had character/legal issues in the past. Not saying either way is wrong, but if you really can't tell the difference, you must not be too bright.

What do you expect? People either don't read the article or don't understand the rules & make offhand comments off the tops of their heads.

The only conditions to Lockett transferring are the ones placed on his release by ASU. Further, ASU does not have to release him.

I forgot to add that it has to be a graduate program ASU doesn't offer.

There's a difference between using a transfer to round out your roster, and building your team off of a majority of transfer players, several who have had character/legal issues in the past. Not saying either way is wrong, but if you really can't tell the difference, you must not be too bright.

Oh, like Hubbard?

Hopefully he doesn't go to Iowa. Wouldn't want you to have any thug transfers on your team. :)

From the article: "Lockett, the Sun Devils' leading scorer, recently found out that his mother has cancer. He then informed coach Herb Sendek of his plans to play closer to home. It's still possible Lockett could return to ASU, but it's not likely. Since Lockett, an honors student, is scheduled to graduate this summer, he could transfer to another school, and under the right circumstances, play immediately."

Stay classy, ISUcy08.

Latest posts