Are you rooting for the Clones

longtimer

Normally I would say no. Just hard especially after another very disappointing Iowa loss, but I have come to realize if any team from Iowa is going to make any kind of run it's Iowa State and maybe it's time to route for the in state team? Hoiberg made it Prohm made it and now Olzerberger (sp). He is up for coach of the year deservedly and looks like a great hire as he obviously can coach and is known for recruiting.

Conversely McCaffrey has not made the sweet 16 in 26 years of coaching. If he was going to get it done last year with Player of year or this year with Maybe Iowa's best all time player was probably best chance. You really need a great player (go to guy) and good guards to make a run in the tournament. We have neither next year. You have to like his style of offensive play but unfortunately offset by his inability to recruit and coach defense. He has not recruited a top notch guard in his Iowa tenure. In today's game guards are the key.

I'm sure McCaffrey will finish his career at Iowa and what we have done in the past is what we will get.

So go ahead and let me have it. Tell me maybe I should become an Iowa State fan. But I have been listening and watching Iowa basketball since Don Nelson was playing, was freshmen in 69 when we went 14-0 in Big Ten (my seat was behind a pole in the fieldhouse) and will always be an Iowa fan

But it would be nice to watch the tournament with someone other than another team from the Big Ten

no-let-me-think.gif

Top 3 most dogshit teams in any sport, at any level, on the planet ranked from most to least dogshit:

1) nebraska sports all-inclusive

2) ISU sports all-inclusive

3) NY Yankees

As a rule I always cheer against Iowa State, Nebraska and Notre Dame. No exceptions. If they are playing each other, and one team is dogshit and the other is great, I will cheer for dogshit to win. If there is no clear reason for me to cheer for either, then I cheer for injuries, plague, locust, and natural disasters to break out.

Ill watch. They have to be odds on to make the Elite 8 and possibly Final 4. And they aren't honestly very good is the sickening thing. Oh Iowa, oh Iowa...........

As a rule I always cheer against Iowa State, Nebraska and Notre Dame. No exceptions. If they are playing each other, and one team is dogshit and the other is great, I will cheer for dogshit to win. If there is no clear reason for me to cheer for either, then I cheer for injuries, plague, locust, and natural disasters to break out.
Those are good rules to live by.

Not sure I cheer for injuries, but, yeah, I can go along with the other biblical holocausts

I think IA State, KS and Nebraska teams should form a new Power-5 Light conference, call it the LUC (Lamest University Conference)............

Top 3 most dogshit teams in any sport, at any level, on the planet ranked from most to least dogshit:

1) nebraska sports all-inclusive

2) ISU sports all-inclusive

3) NY Yankees
I actually don't mind the Yankees and definitely respect their history.

But their recent history has been futile by Yankee standards. One championship in two decades. For all practical purposes they have been the third most successful team in that division the last fifteen years and now the Blue Jay's are closing fast.

Like the Lakers in the NBA I don't mind them. I also don't mind them being irrelevant. The team I do dislike is the Houston Astros. Chickenshit organization. From their holier-than-thou days in the seventies and eighties to their recent shenanigans.

And of course their not the only ones. There's a reason the young Cubs hitters never developed after 2016 and it's a suspicious one. There's a reason Christian Yelich's home/road splits were ridiculous in 2018 and early 2019.

Not sure I cheer for injuries, but, yeah, I can go along with the other biblical holocausts

I think IA State, KS and Nebraska teams should form a new Power-5 Light conference, call it the LUC (Lamest University Conference)............
Maybe not blown knees or head injuries, but you can cheer for cramps, diarhea, eye pokes, flu, even nut shots that cause no permanent injuries.....

HELL NO!!!

Only Iowa State's what 3rd Sweet 16 appearance in the last 7 or 8 years!! While we continue to pound sand with with 1st team All-Americans and POY's in college basketball maybe in back to back seasons and still can't get over the hump, that's just PATHETIC!!!

HELL NO!!!

Only Iowa State's what 3rd Sweet 16 appearance in the last 7 or 8 years!! While we continue to pound sand with with 1st team All-Americans and POY's in college basketball maybe in back to back seasons and still can't get over the hump, that's just PATHETIC!!!
Even if Fran gets to the Sweet 16, it won't be good enough. Then haters would move the goal post and complain how Fran can't get over the hump and get to the Elite 8. Hell, people on this board want KF's head on a platter half the time, and he has had how many Top 20 finishes?

There are 350 D1 MBB schools out there. Iowa is a Top 35 program and has been damn relevant nationally since Fran took over. I would love a deep tourney run too, but as Iowa State has demonstrated, sometimes shit teams string two games together.....

HELL NO!!!

Yes, Iowa did probably have one of THE most pathetic performances of the tourney so far. The other: Wisconsin.

I actually don't mind the Yankees and definitely respect their history.

But their recent history has been futile by Yankee standards. One championship in two decades. For all practical purposes they have been the third most successful team in that division the last fifteen years and now the Blue Jay's are closing fast.

Like the Lakers in the NBA I don't mind them. I also don't mind them being irrelevant. The team I do dislike is the Houston Astros. Chickenshit organization. From their holier-than-thou days in the seventies and eighties to their recent shenanigans.

And of course their not the only ones. There's a reason the young Cubs hitters never developed after 2016 and it's a suspicious one. There's a reason Christian Yelich's home/road splits were ridiculous in 2018 and early 2019.
Cardinals....year in/year out...best run organization in MLB.

Latest posts