Are you rooting for the Clones

nope.

I'm the biggest Hurricane fan on the planet tonite and yet I have a sneaky feeling ISU gets to the Elite 8.

Cardinals....year in/year out...best run organization in MLB.
They're right up there and I'm a Cubs fan. With the exception of some instability in the late '70's they've been relevant for well over half a century. Even more impressive is how rare they turn over the managers seat. With the exception that I mentioned they had nearly a fifty year run of Schoendienst, Herzog, Torre, and Larissa.

By contrast the Cubs had had probably twenty managers during that same time frame.

Ill watch. They have to be odds on to make the Elite 8 and possibly Final 4. And they aren't honestly very good is the sickening thing. Oh Iowa, oh Iowa...........

Lickliter ball on steroids is what it is like watching this current ISU basketball squad. Can't throw shade on it...they are making it work.

They're right up there and I'm a Cubs fan. With the exception of some instability in the late '70's they've been relevant for well over half a century. Even more impressive is how rare they turn over the managers seat. With the exception that I mentioned they had nearly a fifty year run of Schoendienst, Herzog, Torre, and Larissa.

By contrast the Cubs had had probably twenty managers during that same time frame.
Other than they really screwed Mike Schildt.

Ill watch. They have to be odds on to make the Elite 8 and possibly Final 4. And they aren't honestly very good is the sickening thing. Oh Iowa, oh Iowa...........

Yeah, it is funny that a team like ISU which was crapping the bed in late Jan and most of February, was bottom of the standings in Feb, could go to the final four.

That being said there is a lot of parity in Bball and you only need 3 really good players and good role players to go a long distance.

Normally I would say no. Just hard especially after another very disappointing Iowa loss, but I have

Living in Des Moines I used to be somewhat of a curious ISU fan back in the 60's and 70's. But I always had to pull for the hawks. Once the legislature made the football teams start playing each other I became more of a "I hope ISU loses so the hawks can stomp them every year" kind of a guy. I am not sure if I will even watch the game. I might watch it as I am curious how they are winning.

I was just expecting them to lose one of their first two games and sort of rooting for them to lose after Iowa lost.

But at this point I am SORT OF rooting for them just to maybe make the hawk athletic dept say 'come on we have to improve and we can do this also'.

I might if it wasn't for all of the dumb shit Clown fans at work.

The reason everyone hates clowns - GIF on Imgur

It is not good to have clowns around the facitities

Even if Fran gets to the Sweet 16, it won't be good enough. Then haters would move the goal post and complain how Fran can't get over the hump and get to the Elite 8. Hell, people on this board want KF's head on a platter half the time, and he has had how many Top 20 finishes?

There are 350 D1 MBB schools out there. Iowa is a Top 35 program and has been damn relevant nationally since Fran took over. I would love a deep tourney run too, but as Iowa State has demonstrated, sometimes shit teams string two games together.....
Relevant Nationally? Really Fran hasn't taken a team to the sweet 16 in 26 years of coaching. I don't know if anything else needs to be said?

Relevant Nationally? Really Fran hasn't taken a team to the sweet 16 in 26 years of coaching. I don't know if anything else needs to be said?
Well. That is a relief. Since you don’t know what else needs to be said, I assume you will stop posting your predictable nonsense?

Good run with a special group of guys who absolutely maximized their talent. The luck was bound to run out but I wanted a shot at KU. Now the long wait until football.

Good run with a special group of guys who absolutely maximized their talent. The luck was bound to run out but I wanted a shot at KU. Now the long wait until football.
Yes it was a good run. A bad shooting performance and a Miami team that knew how to play rag-tag ball better than you was the end of it. And KU with that 2nd half would have blown you out regardless. But, 2 rounds better than Iowa for sure.

Latest posts