Are you Iowa's biggest fan?

Originating post is a good one. Also remember the night time replays of the day's game. WMT 600 AM used to do it for a while also. Remembering catching Ron Gonder and Mike Reilly. Something about listening to AM radio back then.

Originating post is a good one. Also remember the night time replays of the day's game. WMT 600 AM used to do it for a while also. Remembering catching Ron Gonder and Mike Reilly. Something about listening to AM radio back then.

See, to me, Gonder and Reilly were the best. Zabel was a huge and true Hawk fan, but Gonder & Reilly were the best broadcast team in my listening lifetime. That's why it was such a blow when Gonder/Zabel/Brooks and their teams got bounced by Learfield/Hawkeye Sports Network/whatever the hell it was called when they bounced the three "classic" teams.

Cool story bro and great way to snag a free ticket for a book that may never be finished. I wonder if I will see this same post on the Wisky board?

cool story! someone get this guy a ticket and show him the best college gameday experience. I took my wife to a game and she was a Cyclone fan. 20 minutes into walking around melrose she bought a black and gold shirt and during the game she was screaming her head off and has been a Hawkeye fan ever since.

See, to me, Gonder and Reilly were the best. Zabel was a huge and true Hawk fan, but Gonder & Reilly were the best broadcast team in my listening lifetime. That's why it was such a blow when Gonder/Zabel/Brooks and their teams got bounced by Learfield/Hawkeye Sports Network/whatever the hell it was called when they bounced the three "classic" teams.

It was always funny when Gonder would start laughing about something. Reilly was always kind of the straight guy and Gonder would start laughing and couldn't stop at times. Always remember the Big Mac Sack Attack also. I just never really listened to WHO or KHAK and I don't know why. Just locked on to WMT and listened to them.

Remember when Mike's son was playing and it was always "Son Jim" I believe is how he called his number.

It was always funny when Gonder would start laughing about something. Reilly was always kind of the straight guy and Gonder would start laughing and couldn't stop at times. Always remember the Big Mac Sack Attack also. I just never really listened to WHO or KHAK and I don't know why. Just locked on to WMT and listened to them.

Remember when Mike's son was playing and it was always "Son Jim" I believe is how he called his number.

And Mike was an unabashedly "proud papa", yet never let slide a missed tackle or gaffe by his son. And the son had one hell of a pair of footsteps to follow in the first place!