Are you going to watch the game this saturday

NCHawker

just curious about what kind of fans are on this forum. Someone said this is "rake your yard saturday". Still others just won't miss an Iowa game period. Still others will listen to radio, rake the yard and run in the house if it gets good. Which one are you?

Well I actually have the Saturday off so I will more than likely. It is rare to have a Saturday to watch games.

For sure. I'm not expecting much, but crazy **** happens every now and then. And hopefully I don't miss it.

I would be watching ... But my wife decided it would be a good weekend to take the kids somewhere fun (which apparently is NOT watching me drink beers and yell at the game, like every other Saturday).

So, if it's going to rain, I'll be watching. If not, I'll just be checking my phone until the game gets out of reach.

(If Iowa does shock the world, I will assume it's because I couldn't watch)

Even if we get killed, I'll watch every snap. Great time to see the young kids play. But really, it gets me out of doing honey-do list things.

This tavernhok will be watching the game from a sports bar/restaurant in Coralville. I don't believe they have a shot in this game but I will cheer them on regardless.

just curious about what kind of fans are on this forum. Someone said this is "rake your yard saturday". Still others just won't miss an Iowa game period. Still others will listen to radio, rake the yard and run in the house if it gets good. Which one are you?

I am a Hawkeye fan. I will watch the Hawkeye game.

Anyone thay does not support the team, and at least watch if they are able does not deserve to be called a fan. Even the fans in the 70s were more supportive than half the guys on this forum. My friend Rob Fick told me that the fans stuck with his team in 74, and they beat UCLA. We all know what the 73 season was like. If the 74 team could do it, for sure this team can. Be a real fan every one and help this team win, they need your support.

Of course I will. Even though I've pessimistic on the season I'm still a fan and will be watching the game. Just like last year when I knew during the PSU game that they wouldn't win another game, I still watched every snap of every game the rest of the year.

Darn tootin, I will be watching.
I expect Iowa to surprise a bit. Most likely will get beat, but OSU will be flat. I think Iowa has some exciting young players, especially across the defensive front. I hope they get to play. I have lost confidence in the coaching staff so I hope the players can make some things happen.

Anyone thay does not support the team, and at least watch if they are able does not deserve to be called a fan. Even the fans in the 70s were more supportive than half the guys on this forum. My friend Rob Fick told me that the fans stuck with his team in 74, and they beat UCLA. We all know what the 73 season was like. If the 74 team could do it, for sure this team can. Be a real fan every one and help this team win, they need your support.

Being critical of a vastly over paid coaching staff does not mean we are not fans. I guess some of us believe in earning your paycheck.
It is wonderful that fans back in the 70's had no expectations and were satisfied with an upset every few years. We seem to heading in that direction again.
Do you really want Iowa to become ISU?

Last edited:
My son has 2nd grade flag football playoffs Saturday. (I know I can't believe there is such a thing either) So I may get home in time to watch most of the game. I'll play it by ear. If my son wants to tackle his old man in the yard cause he's giddy from playing fb, I'll do that.
If he'd rather watch the Iowa game or go ride his bike, I'll watch.

I'm a horrible fan and should be banned from this forum.

My son has 2nd grade flag football playoffs Saturday. (I know I can't believe there is such a thing either) So I may get home in time to watch most of the game. I'll play it by ear. If my son wants to tackle his old man in the yard cause he's giddy from playing fb, I'll do that.
If he'd rather watch the Iowa game or go ride his bike, I'll watch.

I'm a horrible fan and should be banned from this forum.

I would be careful asking for this, right Meatman? :D

Being critical of a vastly over paid coaching staff does not mean we are not fans. I guess some of us believe in earning your paycheck.
That's wonderful that fans back in the 70's had no expectations and were satisfied with an upset every few years. We seem to heading in that direction again.
Do you really want Iowa to become ISU?

I agree with this, the biggest message us fans can send is by not showing up to the games.

I have been a life long Cub fan and one of my biggest gripe is the amount of fans that will show up no matter how bad they are. Even during bad seasons they still draw over 2 million per year and that does not give ownership much incentive to improve the team since they profit whether they win or lose. We do not want Iowa to turn into "loveable losers", if you do not enjoy the results of the team/coaching staff there is no bigger message you can send then having a 1/2 empty Kinnick Stadium on game day.

I agree with this, the biggest message us fans can send is by not showing up to the games.

I have been a life long Cub fan and one of my biggest gripe is the amount of fans that will show up no matter how bad they are. Even during bad seasons they still draw over 2 million per year and that does not give ownership much incentive to improve the team since they profit whether they win or lose. We do not want Iowa to turn into "loveable losers", if you do not enjoy the results of the team/coaching staff there is no bigger message you can send then having a 1/2 empty Kinnick Stadium on game day.

You've convinced me! I am NOT going to sit in Kinnick this Saturday! I bet others feel the same way. I'd be surprised if it was 1/3 full on Saturday!

Latest posts