Are we looking at 0-18? 1-17? 2-16?

Come on, let's be realistic, IF THAT'S POSSIBLE on this board.

After last year's defections, I don't believe any of us expected Iowa to end up better than 9th to 11th in the league this year. We all knew then that this year was going to be a struggle.

So far we have played four Big Ten games against competition that is currently a combined 50-13. Granted we have not looked good but Purdue and Michigan State are both expected to be in the running for top seeds in March Madness and appear to have good shots at possibly making the Final Four. Minnesota also looks like a tournament team and will probably end up somewhere between 3rd and 5th in the league. The Illinois game was brutal but they are coming off an OT loss to a very good Gonzaga team and are sitting 3-0 in the league.

While I wish it was better I think we will win 3 or 4 games in the league. Right now I would guess the Penn State game, the Ohio State game, the Michigan game and the Indiana game, all at home, are the best shots to get wins. Maybe the team can pick someone else off, including Illinois at home, to do a bit better.

Not good but as I stated previously, about what was expected long ago.

I think the whole saddest part is that you are right people didn't have any expectations and people are realistic...but the reality is even worse than the super low expectations. Realistically I see 0 wins the rest of the way for this team.

I think they can easy win 2 B10 games this year. I'm hopeful we can win 4 or 5 next year. I can see playing in the NIT by the 2014 / 2015 season. Hang in there fans... it's just around the corner.

I think TL should do the right thing by us all and leave town by the cover of night. Then he should call GB and agree to void his contract and U of I should keep all the money left in his contract. If I was collecting a pay check for what he is doing to our program I would not sleep at night. How can he take the Iowa's money and put such a poor product on the court. It is almost criminal what he is doing.

I think they can easy win 2 B10 games this year. I'm hopeful we can win 4 or 5 next year. I can see playing in the NIT by the 2014 / 2015 season. Hang in there fans... it's just around the corner.

I'm guessing/hoping that this is sarcasm, but I don't think 4-5 conference wins next year will be enough to keep his job. And I KNOW it won't be enough to generate any fan support.

Forever Hawk is no troll. He is an Iowa fan through and through.

Forever Hawk is also a complete idiot if he can find a ray of hope in Iowa basketball right now. This coach is in way over his head - and there is no hope on the horizon.

There is one Big Ten player on the court right now - Mike Gatens - and one kid who has potential - Eric May.

The rest - fageddabowit

I think we're a 2 win Big 10 season. Look everyone needs to give Lick 2 more years. If you can him now you've turned back the clock once again which is only going to lengthen the time back to the top. If he can move to 6 conference wins next year with his incoming class and even go to the NIT the year after I think his jobs safe. Two 8 win seasons back to back and he's outta here.

Forever Hawk is also a complete idiot if he can find a ray of hope in Iowa basketball right now. This coach is in way over his head - and there is no hope on the horizon.

There is one Big Ten player on the court right now - Mike Gatens - and one kid who has potential - Eric May.

The rest - fageddabowit
Is Mike a walk-on?

If you have seen the movie Youth In Revolt, you would know that Mike Gatens is the alter-ego of Matt Gatens. If you look close, you can see a pencil thin moustache on Mike when he shoots air balls and angers Matt.

I think we're a 2 win Big 10 season. Look everyone needs to give Lick 2 more years. If you can him now you've turned back the clock once again which is only going to lengthen the time back to the top. If he can move to 6 conference wins next year with his incoming class and even go to the NIT the year after I think his jobs safe. Two 8 win seasons back to back and he's outta here.

This argument is so old...turning back the clock again? setting the program back for 2-3 years? How can you set this program back any farther. This, is one of the worst programs in the nation the only setback at this point would be getting thrown out of the B10 and going to the MVC or the Horizon League...

The rest - fageddabowit

Thanks for the support Chosen. Although I agree with your first sentence, I couldn't quite bring myself to agree with the rest of your post! Thanks Again!!!

Latest posts