Are We Gonna Need a Big Ten Network 2?

TecmoSuperHawk

Like ESPN2 was created after ESPN couldn't deliver all the key programming it needed. Is there a need for a BTN2 if the Big Ten goes to 16? Particularly if Texas and Texas A&M are involved?

It could be a package deal where if a cable operator gets both channels for like a $1 per subscriber. It would increase revenue and give a better outlet for the "overflow" games in football. It would be almost a necessity for basketball. They can't show all the games now as it is. Granted it would be pretty lean programming outside of basketball and football season, but there would now be too many games to get on TV without another alternative.

Either that or we could just cut out all of the college softball reruns

Both are good options

The only thing the Big Ten network is really used for is broadcasting football and basketball games and they have multiple football games being aired on different channels when the game times are the same so i think it will be ok

They need to fill their program hours with something other than Michigan State campus programming before they can actually think of something like that.

The BTN already has alternate channels on satellite for programming conflicts. If you have cable, the provider makes the decision for you.

They need to fill their program hours with something other than Michigan State campus programming before they can actually think of something like that.

The BTN already has alternate channels on satellite for programming conflicts. If you have cable, the provider makes the decision for you.

They don't have the Alternate channels for basketball, just football. And in particular on a Wednesday night in February, how are you going to air all those games? Unless they develop a permanent althernate channel or something. But I think this will have to be considered at some point.

And that is the problem. As a Comcast subscriber, the BTN is useless to me on gamedays, I have only a 1/5 (soon to be worse) chance of the game being interesting to me. Comcast digital has the capacity for alternate channels, but they don't do it.

I've politely expressed this to customer service more than once, but the cow at the other end had no idea what I was talking about.

They don't have the Alternate channels for basketball, just football. And in particular on a Wednesday night in February, how are you going to air all those games? Unless they develop a permanent althernate channel or something. But I think this will have to be considered at some point.

Agreed...They could have double headers scheduled every night, but even then it wouldn't be enough air time...they'd either have to do alternate channels for basketball as well or go BTN2...or how about this...if it goes to 16 teams, BTNE and BTNW...covering each division, with both channels available in all BTN markets?

I think BTN's biggest problem is that they have too much time and not enough content.

I don't think there is ennough Ro-Tel on the planet to fuel a second BTN.

A second BTN? Are you kidding me? You think that there should be MORE "Illinois campus life" and women's volleyball replays?

The double headers and a more stable basketball schedule alone would be a big plus. I like the idea of double dipping with a BTN2. Why not. Perhaps this is the end game with 16 teams. Quadruple your eyeball reach by getting TX, NY and everywhere in between AND push another channel onto the basic package. Cha-ching

Latest posts