ARE U NOT ENTERTAINED?

Getting the newbies some actual game time and trying to keep 1st team healthy are the benefits of what he did. I am fine with it.

I agree, but don't send the newbies, as you call them, in to mop up with mop up plays to run. It doesn't do them or their confidence any good. Purdue could see the mop up duty attitude on the first play Iowa ran.

Getting the newbies some actual game time and trying to keep 1st team healthy are the benefits of what he did. I am fine with it.

Agreed. What is the benefit of keeping the starters in and risking injury just to win 56-21 lets say? This way next years DB's learned some valuable lessons getting burned, I'd rather have that happen this game rather than next year in a game that is undecided.

Or the 2nd team could just play better. I don't mind KF bringing in the 2nd team when they are up 42-14 in the 4th Qtr. What sucks is the 2nd team O couldn't muster a 1st down and the 2nd team D couldn't even be a road bump to Purdue's O.
Yea. I'm in this camp. How about the kids that really want to play step it up when given an opportunity. I think what you are seeing this year is a huge drop off after the starters. Kirk told us preseason when he mentioned the number of first year players that we would see this year. It was an easy victory still. Style points be damned this year. The great news...we have a game against Wisconsin that is meaningful. Playing meaningful football later in the season is what you want as a Hawkeye fan. It has been delivered.

Latest posts