Are the new rules helping Iowa?

I think so, I was very happy with the officiating. They didn't give in to Izzo even though he was being his typical psycho on the sidelines.

Looked like it......but I sure did like how most of the 50/50 balls went to Iowa....I was pretty shocked to see the offical give the ball to Iowa time and time again saying it went off an MSU player (which they did, but I expected MSU to get the benefit of the doubt if you know what I mean).

This was a very well officiated game. Felt like the way a basketball game should be called.

I think the rules are in favor of the game period. I think it hurts teams like MSU that play that style of D more so then it helps Iowa. We will see how long it last with them calling it like this. Come march is what I want to see they need to stay consistent throughout the whole year in into the tourney.

I figured Izzo was going to start getting the usual helpful calls in the 2nd half but that never came to fruition. I was surprised at the way the ball bounced in general last night along with the calls. Wasn't the usual Iowa vs Mich St game.

I think the rules are in favor of the game period. I think it hurts teams like MSU that play that style of D more so then it helps Iowa. We will see how long it last with them calling it like this. Come march is what I want to see they need to stay consistent throughout the whole year in into the tourney.

No kidding. Seems every year they put an emphasis on hand checking and moving charge calls but by the end of the year, the advantage goes right back to the defender and they can get away with grabs, holds, flops, etc.

MSU gets a lot of calls their way because of coach Izzo. He is very good at lobbying officials for calls to go his way.

Was interesting to hear what he said about asking his team to play hard for his dad and the fact that they didn't was one of the most disappointing things that's happened to him this weekend.

Kind of gives you an insight into the type of person he is and the type of manipulative tactics he employs which im sure extend to his constant conversations with the referees as well.

Was interesting to hear what he said about asking his team to play hard for his dad and the fact that they didn't was one of the most disappointing things that's happened to him this weekend.

Kind of gives you an insight into the type of person he is and the type of manipulative tactics he employs which im sure extend to his constant conversations with the referees as well.

I love Izzo. Izzo & Chris Spielman are great friends from Chris' time with the Lions. Spielman & Bruce Hooley used to have a daily radio sports talk show program. Izzo would call in out of the blue & talk basketball, baseball, football, hockey, etc. It wasn't a few minute thing either. Many times the three of them talked for more than twenty to thirty minutes or more. Izzo had wonderful stories & always put a dig in about Spielman's basketball ability. When they talked B1G basketball, Izzo always was very complimentary & respectful of the other teams & coaches. Heck, he might call in & spend the whole time talking about the Iowa-Minnesota basketball game that night. Izzo never picked a winner, but he would give a great scouting report on the strengths & weaknesses of both teams.

Latest posts