Are the Clowns due?

HawksMN

Will they come out all hard and ready?

I think the Hawks have the better squad on paper BUT will the gods smile on the clowns this year?

Will they come out all hard and ready?

I think the Hawks have the better squad on paper BUT will the gods smile on the clowns this year?

If they can get to Stanley up the middle, yeah. If not, all we have to do is kick field goals.

I saw a stat that Iowa hasn’t turned the ball over in this series since 2015. We also haven’t turned the ball over yet this year.

We cold be due for a turnover in this one...

No, but i do think ISU puts up one helluva fight. Our line will start to wear them down eventually. We need to run the ball, open up the defense for our receivers. I can't wait !! 18 holes at 10am, kickoff at 3pm, and plenty of beers in between.....Go Hawks!

Purdy is 0-2 vs top 60 total defenses. Campbell is 1-6 in his last 7 games vs top 60 total defenses in 2017 & 2018. Campbell is 3-13 vs P5 top 75 total defenses during his time at ISU. Iowa has faced 19 top 60 defenses (3x as many) and is 11-8 in those games in 2017 & 2018.

Yep, just look at Purdy's best games last season. They were all against bad defensive teams. When he played against good defenses he struggled quite a bit. I think he's a good QB but if we can pressure him early and often I think we can rattle him and win comfortably.

It'sa top 5 cliche with the Hawks and I hate tying this, but they're a 2nd half team. My prediction is it's 3-3 at half but Reiff, Gholston, Epenesa, and Lattimore wear those shemale OLs out and start getting to Purdy Mouth.17-13 Hawks, we give up one TD due to someone on our typical Swiss cheese secondary getting burned.

Purdy is 0-2 vs top 60 total defenses. Campbell is 1-6 in his last 7 games vs top 60 total defenses in 2017 & 2018. Campbell is 3-13 vs P5 top 75 total defenses during his time at ISU. Iowa has faced 19 top 60 defenses (3x as many) and is 11-8 in those games in 2017 & 2018.
Great information. Someone should post that over on Cyclone Fanatic.

On a side note, Purdy’s brother Chubba is a highly recruited dual threat QB playing out here at Perry. He committed to Louisville but was recruited by a slew of good teams including Iowa according to Rivals.

Just be physical. Want to see a couple strip sacks. If Purdy doesn't get the ball out in like 3 seconds they are gonna have to keep extra help in to block. Linebackers need to cover!

There's certainly a lot of chatter about how ISU has improved their program under Cambell and rightfully so.

However, Iowa has also improved their program. It's been a long time since I felt like Iowa had the better skill positions and I think we still have a significant advantage at the line.

I'm trying not to overreact to ISU playing UNI tight and not try to see this through black and gold lenses but I think Iowa is the better team.

Got a feeling the clones pull this one out. Home field, they've had this game circled on the calendar for awhile...and, well....KFz. The only coach who manages to lose to ISU nearly half the time.

I hope I'm wrong...My heart is with the HAWKS, but my money is on the other side this weekend.

Last edited:

Latest posts