Archie>Brommer?

herbyhawk

Banned
after his play against Sampson, with that steal and outlet pass i say yes and it appears he sets screens better than McCabe

I would prefer to see Archie take over Brommers spot in the rotation.

He is a better defender than AB and is substantially quicker.

after his play against Sampson, with that steal and outlet pass i say yes and it appears he sets screens better than McCabe
McCabe has way more all around game but Archie did a good job last night. IMO this has always been the issue for Archie. When he is into the game he can be an important part of the team but the vast majority of the time he is non-existent. Brommer has always seemed slow to recognize whats going on. There have been stretches where he's gotten more minutes and seems to have a feel for whats happening but the injury this year has set him back some.

Some people are quit to forget the defense Archie played against JuJuan Johnson last year. He was a big reason why the Hawks were able to upset Purdue.

He did well against Sampson III last night too

I think it's a flip of a coin on any given night. Brommer does have nights where he contributes on both ends of the floor but Archie can really be a disruptive body on the D end.

I think it's a flip of a coin on any given night. Brommer does have nights where he contributes on both ends of the floor but Archie can really be a disruptive body on the D end.

This. The problem is they are both so inconsistent that you never know what you are going to get from either one. It truly is a crap-shoot when you put either one of them in the game.

Brommer- better all-around player

Archie- bigger disruptive force on defense, absolutely no threat on offense

Both are liabilities at the free throw line.

I would take his quicks over Brommers play it does appear he plays better against taller player than anybody on this team
i am sorry if people thought i was implying he is close to McCabe he is not, but his height and quicks plus setting screens is better
and it is my hope a light bulb came on

also anybody else see Olaseni being a cheer leader on the bench
i love it

also i was under the impression that shooting FT's by a center was not that big of a deal
Woodbury will be no picknic as he shoots 50% from the stripe and has throughout his HS career

I wouldn't read a great deal into the rotation last night, other than Iowa chose to play 2-3 zone nearly exclusively in the second half, and Archie is better than Mel or Brommer back in the middle on the baseline in that set.

The fact that Iowa got away with it on the offensive end is pretty nice ;)

brommer came in and muscled up against sampson. it was at tgat point in the 1st half that sampson was taken out of the game. props to brommer

Latest posts