APRIL 17th Who's Going

Planning on taking a little road trip with my 2 and a half year old weather permitting. Wife is having garage sale that weekend so might be a little work left to do on that front but planning on going.
Little stinker has already been inside the place 3 times. Two of the about 15 or 20 words he knows are Iowa and Hawkeyes. I know I wasn't there that much by 2 and a half. One game (UNI), last year's spring game and family day last August.

That's what I call very good parenting. Congrats.

I was thinking about going...but then I heard that no alcohol will be permitted on university property or surrounding person properties. SO, who wants to stand around staring at each other for a couple hours and then see only an hour or two or practice? Maybe I heard that wrong?

Is the booze really THAT important? Or is it all about seeing the hawks, and spending time with your kids in Kinnick if you have them.....Im taking my 3 yr old son, its all about spending time with him and teaching him to love the Hawks, you can go to one game without booze for once geeze

Is the booze really THAT important? Or is it all about seeing the hawks, and spending time with your kids in Kinnick if you have them.....Im taking my 3 yr old son, its all about spending time with him and teaching him to love the Hawks, you can go to one game without booze for once geeze

Yeah it is for the kids and family, but for guys like me who dont have kids this is still going to be business as usual.

IOWuh - We do not do those kinds of t-shirts. You will have to get them from the guys walking around with a newspaper bag over his shoulder. We did get rid of the F@#% t-shirt guys about four years ago.

Ron, during the 08 season you had a huge display of tshirts that included Herky in a variety of compromising positions, comments about getting wasted in Iowa City, and a whole slew of "rock out with your hawk out" shirts. (Last I saw, they were there last year as well.) As a customer of yours and as a parent, I thought you could have handled it better. I approached you and explained my concerns and wondered if you'd consider putting some of the more vulgar shirts in the back rather than front and center. You told me you made your money off drunk college kids and weren't going to change a thing. You were rude and dismissive and I haven't been back to your store since. Nor will I.

I'll be there with my college roommates. Should be a great time, especially if the weather's nice.

What is the point of going? It's boring. Most of it is the team standing around while some players go through drills. Nothing interesting happens. After the initial thrill of getting in the stadium wears off, there is nothing to the experience.

If you are thinking about brining a kid under 20, you better have one hell of a patient kid, or a Nintendo DS with a charged battery, because this "practice" will hold a child's attention for about 2 minutes.

I'll be there with my Wife, 7-year old, and 18 Month old just to irritate Ghost :D

Latest posts