Apparently Baylor and ISU think the 3 point shot is just about the only shot to take

Re: Apparently Baylor and ISU think the 3 point shot is just about the only shot to t

Really good to see the Clones destroy number 7 Baylor, one of the nastiest teams in America by almost 20. Makes the Hawks look much better. We owned the Clones in the first half and held the lead until about 2 minutes left in the game, and lost by three. Could have won making free throws. Can only help us.....

Fred said they dedicated the game to Fran......

:cool:

Re: Apparently Baylor and ISU think the 3 point shot is just about the only shot to t

Michigan sucks, easy win.
BYU sucks, easy win.
Boise St. sucks, easy win.
Iowa is elite, tough win.
Baylor sucks, easy win.

And so far terrible officiating. Glad to see this isn't exclusive to Iowa games. The road team has to be 10 points better to have a chance to win.

We agree.

Signed - Xavier, Notre Dame, UNO, and Nebraska

*PhoenixHawk verifies the roster on cyclones.com and farts a nervous fart*

Last edited:

Why does it seem as if isu only plays home games?

at least half way through the first half. Chuck, chuck, chuck, and chuck some more from the 3 line........

Cyclones have beaten Baylor 4 consecutive times. Hitting the 3 ball at a 40% clip against Baylor seems to do the trick.

Do we really need to go down this road again? Point is moot. Iowa State is playing even better than they were in the beginning of the season. Why can't we enjoy having two good schools in the state this year?

I dunno. Maybe it's because there are so many clowns on this board trying to tell us how bad the Hawks are.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't care if every single player was a transfer as long as they win and don't get into trouble.

Here are the guys that haven't transferred in and have been Cyclones since they were freshmen though....

Ejim, Niang, Thomas, Morris, Naz Long, Sherron Dorsey-Walker, Percy Gibson, and Tyler Ellerman. 8 out of 11 guys isn't so bad is it?

Thanks, it was a serious question. You hear that the team is all transfers from 'name' programs, so I was just curious how many were HS recruits that have come up in the system.

Iowa st has a couple of things Iowa doesn't. Very solid guard play and the ability to consistently hit 3's. They could make a run in the tourney with the right matchups.

They also did a good job on the big guys for Baylor tonight. Some speculated that the Cyclones would struggle against teams with big forwards and post players. Not tonight.

*PhoenixHawk verifies the roster on cyclones.com and farts a nervous fart*

Sorry, I don't follow bball, and only just happened to catch the score and ISU's record. I've only heard 'transfer transfer transfer' related to what's going on in Ames. You guys are as sensitive as 13 year old girls.

And dude, quoting yourself?

at least half way through the first half. Chuck, chuck, chuck, and chuck some more from the 3 line........
I don't know why, but that seems to have been the theme for ISU beating Baylor at Hilton since the 2010-2011 season but ISU did manage to have a fair amount of transition baskets as the game progressed....

Solid win for Iowa State over #7 ranked Baylor. They are sure fun to watch.

47 points in the paint for Iowa State.

I dunno. Maybe it's because there are so many clowns on this board trying to tell us how bad the Hawks are.

there are always a certain segment from both teams that chide the other team. I follow and root for both teams. Iowa has a lot of overall talent but they lack the closer and someone they can put the ball in their hands when the game is on the line, whereas ISU has two in Niang & Kane. Hopefully, Marble can develop into this kind of player to help the Hawks.

Really? There may be a few that think Iowa is not good, but they'r idiots. Iowa is still probably the best team we've played, although I'm not convinced you would beat Baylor. Different teams, match up differently.

Regardless, Iowa is a legit top 20 team. The thing that Cyclone fans are bitter about is that we've heard 1000x that "the better team didn't win" and "home cookin at Hilton is worth 10 points".

I find it funny that every time you lose, it's always the refs fault, as if there is a big conspiracy against Iowa.

Crappy officiating does happen, but if you think ISU is the recipient of more than their fair share of good calls, and Iowa is not, you're on crack. We had our kicks in the nuts last yeat twice against KU and then again in the tourney against tOSU.

If a team has shooters. It works.

Really good to see the Clones destroy number 7 Baylor, one of the nastiest teams in America by almost 20. Makes the Hawks look much better. We owned the Clones in the first half and held the lead until about 2 minutes left in the game, and lost by three. Could have won making free throws. Can only help us.....

Fred said they dedicated the game to Fran......

:cool:

Actually, ISU took the lead at about the 9 or 10 minute mark of the second half, then Iowa regained it. First half felt like Iowa should have been up 20. When they weren't at half, I thought ISU had a chance. 2nd half ISU was more aggressive and Iowa didn't get as many fast break points, but were still beasts on the offensive glass. Ultimately the missed free throws at the end were the banana peel for a loss.

Latest posts