Apologies

Payton34Mase13

First time in a long time poster...sorry about the ALL CAPS in my previous title.

Didn't mean to shout.

Shameful on my part.

:(

beard-meme.jpg

Probably like everyone else, to complain about Ferentz, Sally Mason, the weather, you know.... everything.

Funny, this is what keeps me away. Ferentz needs to be fired but he won't since he is owed a crap load of money, what is the point in complaining about it?

I am just bored this morning.

Dude, you've been gone for nigh on three years. You may have forgotten how to post. What brought you back?

Don't know, really...just more of a reader with internalized opinions. I am not anti-Kirk, but I have gotten to the point where I think the program is stagnant enough that he can't bring it back...again.

I have long been a Stoops guy, honestly, and think that guys like Norvell are not Big 12 "castoffs" as much as former Hawkeyes who are good coaches and who I think would "get" what the program needs and what the Hawkeye fans expect.

I thought in 1998 that Stoops would have developed a pipeline through Florida and I think today that he needs new energy and a new challenge...he has won National Titles at OU and people there are starting to turn on him and/or his staff. He may be ready for a new building job and this would be a prime opportunity to facilitate a change for him and a change for us.

I think a coach at Iowa can no longer take the approach of "we're just Iowa." There has to be a sense of wanting to compete at the highest level and we lack that, for whatever reason right now. Never too good, never too bad...the program just...is.

I think Stoops, or someone with his emotional attachment to the university, would bring that "want to" to see the program compete nationally. I think Bret would be a fit, too, although there are many, including me, who think of him more as a Badger than a Hawkeye now.

No need to apologize. This isn’t HR, we aren’t mouthbreathers that jump down people’s throats over trivial things.

He's a member of a sleeper cell brainwashed by the Dirty 30 many years ago. Thinking it would never happen, the Dirty 30 made his trigger Ferentz getting fired. Now that that seems a real possibility, Payton34Mase13 has activated and returned to HawkeyeNation to put an end to Communist rule and...oh hell...I can't think of anything else to type here. Somebody else will have to take over the story from here.

Latest posts