Apathy

The scheme only works when we have NFL caliber Dlinemen, which we don't and instead of adjusting to his talent our coach keeps hammer his head against a brick wall. It was a complete joke last night watching our D be unprepared for the hurry up, that is coaching and nothing else. Couple that with the fact we continue to line up LBs on WRs in the slot. Who did Penn State shred us with non other then their Gronkowski like TE and their slot WRs. New week same result when we play an O that is based in the year 2012.

The scheme only works when we have NFL caliber Dlinemen, which we don't and instead of adjusting to his talent our coach keeps hammer his head against a brick wall. It was a complete emberasment last night watching our D be unprepaqred for the hurry up that is coaching and nothing else. Couple that with the fact we continue to line up LBs on WRs in the slot is a freaking joke. Who did Penn State shred us with their Gronkowski like TE and their slot WRs. New week same result when we play an O that attacks that aspect of our D.

We ran a good share of nickel and dime last night, and blitzed a bunch as well. Defense is mostly a matter of size, speed, and talent. There is no defensive equivalent of the spread that has cropped up in the last ten years and revolutionized the game.

I will agree, though, that our offensive scheme is a hot mess.

On the bright side I am sitting on my back deck looking at pikes peak. The weather is fabulous and I love being outdoors. I already skip the nfl b/c I refuse to be inside on nice days. I seriously have to start questioning whether this product is worth giving up my time to do "stuff" outside for staying in only to watch Kirk make the same mistakes over and over.

I see this in terms of business with Kirk and barta as COO/CEO. Would you invest in this company?

I have lived in several locations through out the US and Colorado Springs has got to rate up near the top. Garden of the Gods is awesome too. I've also driven down to the Royal Gorge area and enjoyed the beauty of that area. It was over twenty years ago that I lived there. One thing that stood out in my mind was how many of the women there in state of Colorado kept themselves in excellent shape. A few years after I moved away I heard about a national study that showed that the average weight of women was the lowest in the nation in Colorado. Yes beautiful sites indeed in Colorado. :)

I won't suggest that apathy is setting in for the whole fanbase, but I feel like it is for me. Maybe it's partly because I have to curb my emotions for the sake of my job, but I just don't feel anything when it comes to Iowa football anymore.

When the Hawks went through the rough stretch of 05-07, I never lost optimism and would often be the kid figuring out just how Iowa could get to a BCS bowl until there was no hope for that. And in 2008-2009, I still had that kind of enthusiasm.

But ever since the Wisconsin game in 2010, it's just been downhill. I'd get ****** during/after losses, but not as excited after wins. Now I just don't feel anything. I really didn't even get mad last night. I left at halftime because I knew exactly how things would play out: JVB would remain under center, continue to struggle mightily, and Rudock would keep holding a clipboard. Things aren't going to change, so I'm done getting ****** off about it.

This is generally referred to as 'growing up'. Congratulations.

I'm sure that's a factor, too. But what's the point of being a fan if winning or losing doesn't register an emotional response on some level?

Totally. If adults should not care at all about sports, why should they care about (i.e.) opera? Reasoned, intelligent adults can complain about their team's performance. Sports are a form of unpredicatable theater, sometimes made more meaningful by context (see 1985 Iowa-Michigan). The Hawks' early 2010 games were situated in a great context (a possible championship run). Now, because every game is a crapshoot whether we play Michigan, Indiana, Central Michigan, or Northern Illinois, there's really no sense that you're watching anything coherent or theatrical unfold.

In essence, watching Iowa football has gone from being akin to watching a great serial drama, to being akin to watching a series of independent shorts with poor acting.

I'm so apathetic, I'm going to go onto a message board and post about how apathetic I am.

The post was more out of concern for lack of concern. I felt sick to my stomach the past two weeks, but not because the Hawks played poorly. It was because I didn't care that they played poorly. I just feel like I'm going through the motions as a fan.

I still post here for two reasons: 1. I enjoy it, and 2. I need to keep up appearances :D

The post was more out of concern for lack of concern. I felt sick to my stomach the past two weeks, but not because the Hawks played poorly. It was because I didn't care that they played poorly. I just feel like I'm going through the motions as a fan.

I still post here for two reasons: 1. I enjoy it, and 2. I need to keep up appearances :D

That wasn't directed at you. I just think its funny that people throw the apathy card around like this. If apathy sets in over the fans of the football team, it'll just happen. The board will become a ghost town and then you will truly see it. The fact that people are still posting clearly shows me there is no apathy. People still care, otherwise they wouldn't be here. Just like the BBall boards at the tail end of the Lick era.

That wasn't directed at you. I just think its funny that people throw the apathy card around like this. If apathy sets in over the fans of the football team, it'll just happen. The board will become a ghost town and then you will truly see it. The fact that people are still posting clearly shows me there is no apathy. People still care, otherwise they wouldn't be here. Just like the BBall boards at the tail end of the Lick era.

Agreed. But like I said, I was only speaking for myself. I don't think it's set in for the fanbase, because clearly a lot of the people here still care enough to be ******. And settling in may be a little strong, even in my case. Creeping in is probably more appropriate.

There's been a lot of posts where people are talking about how much they don't care. Weird.

This is a football board, here we talk about football.

If you want to talk about feelings go to a housewife board, or maybe a therapist.

Latest posts