Anyone watch Keegan tonight?

I didn’t watch the game last night, but I did look at the boxscore and watched the highlights this morning. Every shot came within the flow of the offense. He didn’t go hunting for shots when it was obvious what kind of night he was having.

Amazing stuff.

Dudes dream about being in a zone like that and having a game like that. And he had one. One of the 3s he made was like the one Joe W made against Rutgers to win that game for us off the corner of the backboard from the baseline. At the end of the 3rd quarter I thought the roof was going to blow off that place they have a hell of a fan base too hell of an environment they have out there. What a night.

There'd been recent chatter about Toronto wanting to trade a couple guys for him. Well well the price of poker just went way way up. I can't see Murray being a tradeable asset right now. He's got like 3 yrs left on his rookie contract and he's got such a high ceiling. He's been turning into a heck of a defensive player too. He's not a one trick pony with catch and shoot 3s (even though he's damn good at that) He's going to the hoop more and and team is leaning on him more.

Turned it on at halftime

That was crazy

I don't start watching NBA more closely until January so I was surprised to see that Sac fans wanted him traded recently

Dudes dream about being in a zone like that and having a game like that. And he had one. One of the 3s he made was like the one Joe W made against Rutgers to win that game for us off the corner of the backboard from the baseline. At the end of the 3rd quarter I thought the roof was going to blow off that place they have a hell of a fan base too hell of an environment they have out there. What a night.

There'd been recent chatter about Toronto wanting to trade a couple guys for him. Well well the price of poker just went way way up. I can't see Murray being a tradeable asset right now. He's got like 3 yrs left on his rookie contract and he's got such a high ceiling. He's been turning into a heck of a defensive player too. He's not a one trick pony with catch and shoot 3s (even though he's damn good at that) He's going to the hoop more and and team is leaning on him more.

Turned it on at halftime

That was crazy

I don't start watching NBA more closely until January so I was surprised to see that Sac fans wanted him traded recently

So, what am I missing here? I saw some click bait the other day with the headline of “Toronto having interest in Murray” I dismissed it, because well, you know…it is click bait. Why would Sac fans want him traded? I thought Barnes was the one that was the trade piece.

Last edited:
So, what am I missing here? I saw some click bait the other day with the headline of “Toronto having interest in Murray” I dismissed it, because well, you know…it is click bait. Why would Sac fans want him traded? I thought Barnes was the one that was the trade piece.
They could have Zach Levine if they want him. Murray would look pretty good in Bulls red and black. Caruso and Levine to Sac town for Murray and Malik Monk. Bulls get younger and more athletic and better shooting.

I don't think Sac fans do at all. They love everything about him. It's other teams wanting to trade for him. It's one sided as far as I can tell. Someone would have to offer Donicic or an absolute stud like that for him to get him out of there at this point. I don't think he's going anywhere. They have a great nucleus of a team for awhile and since they don't have to really pay Murray for 3 more yrs this is where they want to be.

Yeah Barnes is a guy I think they'd gladly deal if they could but not sure what they can get. Honestly I was surprised they brought him back this yr. He's clearly fading now. But if they could upgrade that position that's about all they really could use.

His 3-point shooting has been off until now so some segment of fans were probably ready to call him a one-season wonder bust. We should be familiar with the type.

This is definitely true. This was a concern when they drafted him but he has turned into a great two-way player. He's getting the tough assignment defending the opposing teams best player and holding them well below their averages.

This is definitely true. This was a concern when they drafted him but he has turned into a great two-way player. He's getting the tough assignment defending the opposing teams best player and holding them well below their averages.
A few weeks back I got to watch him play and they had him guarding Donovan Mitchell and he frustrated the crap out of him and pretty much out played him. Murray doesn't have to be an offensive force night in and night out on that team they have 2 other absolute stars and a couple other guys who on any given night can fill it up too. So him evolving into a defensive stopper really elevates his value and overall game.

A few weeks back I got to watch him play and they had him guarding Donovan Mitchell and he frustrated the crap out of him and pretty much out played him. Murray doesn't have to be an offensive force night in and night out on that team they have 2 other absolute stars and a couple other guys who on any given night can fill it up too. So him evolving into a defensive stopper really elevates his value and overall game.
.......and I've always stated in the past, that plays into a team's net scoring. If a player holds the opposing team's stud player to 15 pts when they usually average 30, hey that's like scoring 15 pts yourself. Can't go overlooked.

.......and I've always stated in the past, that plays into a team's net scoring. If a player holds the opposing team's stud player to 15 pts when they usually average 30, hey that's like scoring 15 pts yourself. Can't go overlooked.
Amen Amen Amen. Not just holds them down but has them shoot a poor % and take bad shots. Everything about it is a huge thing. Now can someone let Fran know this?

Amen Amen Amen. Not just holds them down but has them shoot a poor % and take bad shots. Everything about it is a huge thing. Now can someone let Fran know this?
The other huge factor is rebounding and getting those extra possessions without giving up put back points. That is huge and is huge for Iowa's style wanting to outscore opponents. Iowa plays at a faster pace to get more shots up so winning the rebounding stat is huge for their style.

The other huge factor is rebounding and getting those extra possessions without giving up put back points. That is huge and is huge for Iowa's style wanting to outscore opponents. Iowa plays at a faster pace to get more shots up so winning the rebounding stat is huge for their style.
Yeah they really need PM to make a more concerted effort to help out Krike and Freeman on the glass. It not only stops them from scoring but starts our break and being able to run

Latest posts