anyone saying it was the dropped passes

But once again, our D put us in multiple positions to attempt the WIN.
.......... ....................................... ... ... ...

This x 2000. The defense gave them a lot of opportunities to win this game and the offense could not step up. AT ALL.

This x 2000. The defense gave them a lot of opportunities to win this game and the offense could not step up. AT ALL.

They made me want to puke at first though. What they did during the second half was golden, really......the defenders who were not stepping it up, started stepping it the **** up........ I had hope.

Vandenberg always goes through some wild spells, but with this pedestrian (sic) group of receivers, he isn't being given much of a target. He was hitting guys right on the button and they were consistently dropping them. One for a TD that may have altered the outcome.

This really hasn't been said enough. Our defense was good but there were probably 3 times when WR's got behind our dbacks and Jantz simply missed them. Other QBs won't miss these passes. Our defense has work to do as well.

If you can't complete the pass it doesn't matter. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades you dolt.

I think GD saw this when he first showed up we are unimpressive on the edge with no game breakers and a disappointing Keenan Davis. Tough to see why this guy was a 4 star coming out of high school.

I watched it on tv and agree this was mostly on Vandy. There were a couple of legit drops but there were more awful throws than drops in my opinion.

Ther was double digit legit drops. The wr can even catch a cold. They are that bad and to say it is vandy's problem is a joke.

y'all are pathetic. i mean seriously. it is obvious that we don't have a receiver that JVB can rely on. yes there were drops. yes it was pathetically ugly.

but how about this. go drink another beer and chill the bleep out. it is just a game. get off JVB's back.

Can't remember who, but there was a receiver (I think it was Shumpert?) that dropped a ball that basically hit him in the numbers. No reason to drop it. But as was said, plenty of blame to go around. When a QB can't get a few of the simple passes going, the entire O goes out of sync.

If you can't complete the pass it doesn't matter. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades you dolt.

You dork. Read my whole post. I said other QBs will complete those passes. Jantz can't complete long passes. You can't count on other QBs missing passes when their receivers have five yards on our defenders.

Vandenberg always goes through some wild spells, but with this pedestrian (sic) group of receivers, he isn't being given much of a target. He was hitting guys right on the button and they were consistently dropping them. One for a TD that may have altered the outcome.

Bingo!

I have never seen so many drops from an Iowa receiving corp. Period. I know Chuck Long speaks like a former Qb (and an awful analyst) but he was right about the receivers and their inability to catch the ball. Really bad. If you cant beat people deep you have to at least catch the ball when thrown to you. This is the worst group of receivers I can recall.

Sure, the D could've been burned many times. But they weren't. They kept things in a position to win the game. Not saying they were world beaters, but they were serviceable. Offense, you're up...

Last edited:
Terrible QB....terrible WRs....young OL....inexperienced RBs....new offense....that is not the recipe for a high octane football team.

If we lose next week to UNI, and we very well could, then they have to go with Rudock...they just have to. They must look to the future and prepare for next year. JV would do more for this team from the sidelines as a tutor for a young QB.

Sure, the D could've been burned many times. But they weren't. They kept things in a position to win the game. Not saying they were world beaters, but they were serviceable. Offense, you're up...

This isn't accurate. There were several times where the defense DID get burnt. The fact that Jantz throws a below average deep ball doesn't change that. The receivers burnt the defenders and were open. Better QB's will complete those passes.

That said, the defense carried the team today, and did an awful lot to put the team in position to win.

Latest posts