anyone saying it was the dropped passes

rhawk8

watched it on tv. vandy not accurate, no touch. not a BIG 10 qb...the defense is beacon of hope. our coaches NEED to have this team fired up for Rivalries, trophy games...AT HOME!! never have NOT defended KF....but its gonna be hard to after this.

I watched it on tv and agree this was mostly on Vandy. There were a couple of legit drops but there were more awful throws than drops in my opinion.

Thankfully Jortz overthrew multiple deep balls that would've been TD's....
Can't believe ISU didn't score more.....

I watched it on tv and agree this was mostly on Vandy. There were a couple of legit drops but there were more awful throws than drops in my opinion.

JVB was not comfortable with the offense, which could be expected this early under a new coordinator.

qb played poorly and receivers also dropped a TON. No need to fight, they all sucked.

Thankfully Jortz overthrew multiple deep balls that would've been TD's....
Can't believe ISU didn't score more.....

This really hasn't been said enough. Our defense was good but there were probably 3 times when WR's got behind our dbacks and Jantz simply missed them. Other QBs won't miss these passes. Our defense has work to do as well.

This really hasn't been said enough. Our defense was good but there were probably 3 times when WR's got behind our dbacks and Jantz simply missed them. Other QBs won't miss these passes. Our defense has work to do as well.

But once again, our D put us in multiple positions to attempt the WIN.
.......... ....................................... ... ... ...

Good point. Donatell got toasted by Horn at least twice and wasn't even within 5 yds of him either time.

Defense was better than I expected. But the offense.....

Oh. My. God.

Possibly the worst offense I can remember from an Iowa team in my 35+ years on this earth. If this team wants to make a bowl game of any sort, they're gonna have to win alot of 3-0 games this year.

There were some drops, true. But I think alot of the incompletions were on Vandy. At least, that is this armchair-QB's opinion.

a lot of dropped passes because they were high , on the wrong shoulder, not leading them ..locks onto his primary receiver etc etc.

Lot of crappy passes.
I guess to me, the drops just had to come on the most crucial plays, and the throws were just here and there.
I know that's not the whole story........

Yeah, no sensible person would say our defense is good, they're not. They got bailed out by an ISU qb who overthrew a bunch that would have been td's if he could hit the receiver.

But they did better than I expected, forced a bunch of 3 and outs while giving us a chance to win. They might fail down the road but they did what they needed to do today.

Especially considering that most thought the defense was the big weakness coming into the year, just makes it more sickening that the offense was so pathetic that they couldn't outscore 9 points. :(

JVB was not comfortable with the offense, which could be expected this early under a new coordinator.
I might be 36 and.learning a.new offense too but I.sure as hell.could throw the.ball.to.open recievers...
for gods sake he is a 5th year graduated senior and all.of the sudden can't throw the ball?

because pantz sucks. He really does.
Yeah, I get that he's 2-0 against Iowa, and he had a decent stat line for the game, but ultimately he's a crappy qb. He'll finish his "career" at moo-U with a sub-.500 winning %, and he won't get so much as a sniff from the NFL.

I only offer this as more proof that Iowa is awful and that Ferrets is out of touch with the college game.

if the qb makes a good throw and receiver catches it then its a good play. just because the wr are open the qb needs to throw it and steele missed them all day. a good qb hooks them up at least once.

Latest posts