Anyone make plans for the Arizona game yet??

NewEraKinnick

Just wondering...

I'm still just deciding on if it will be a roadtrip or flight..

3 of us going, renting a car for a week would be pretty cheap. Got the place to stay, buddy live there.

Very nervous about this game already. Think Iowa will be good enough to win but the nightmare @ ASU lingers in my thoughts.

Pretty reasonable flights into Phoenix, 120 mile drive to Tucson. If you're going to need to rent a car, that might be the least expensive way to go. The flights to Tucson are more expensive and the connections aren't nearly as good.

Flying to Tucson on Thursday, coming back on Tuesday. My brother will be driving up from Yuma.

Already ordered my tickets thru stub hub, very reasonable.With there cut $79 for two in the first row Iowa sideline around 5-10 yrd line.The tickets in the first 4 rows say you could have obstruction veiws do to the team on the field.Any one been to this stadium before just wondering how bad first row is.

Went to the ASU game a few years back. Besides the game itself, had a great time. Have a wedding that weekend so won't be making the trip, otherwise I'd be there

I'll be driving down from northern california. going with a group of about 4-5 and staying for the weekend. This will be my second live Iowa game (first was in 2006 when they killed Ball State). I'm waiting to purchase tickets when either U of I or U of A sell them. Any idea where the Iowa section will be?

A group of about 10 friends are flying in from Chicago Thursday, golfing Friday, and tailgating all day long Saturday.

Thank God we don't fly home until Monday.

My wife and I, along with 2 of our friends will be there for the game. Our friends live in a suburb of Phoenix, so we'll be tailgating most of the day on Saturday. I heard the scene there is pretty sparse as far as tailgating is concerned. What is everyone's plans? Just drive around until you see a large group of black and gold, or does anyone know of a good spot we should shoot for?

Flying into Tucson Friday night. Was wondering if they're be a gathering or a hawkeye huddle as well.

I'll be doing an all day smoke in Des Moines. Pork butt and baby backs. Anyone in the DSM area is welcome. If it's nice, we set up the TV outside under the Hawkeye canopy. I had a neighborhood party for Penn St last year and we were hooting it up. A Des Moines cop came by and watched the game with us for awhile. When Clayborn blocked the punt, you could hear us for blocks.:D

Already ordered my tickets thru stub hub, very reasonable.With there cut $79 for two in the first row Iowa sideline around 5-10 yrd line.The tickets in the first 4 rows say you could have obstruction veiws do to the team on the field.Any one been to this stadium before just wondering how bad first row is.

Just looking at these photos from the AZ website, it looks to have a Kinnick-like grandstand where the first 5 rows or so kinda suck.

I am surprised that it only holds 56K, though.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/facilities/ariz-stadium.html

Leaving Thursday after work from Madison. I'm really looking forward to going to that game. We have some friends in Tucson, so we'll be staying with them. Should be a good time.

I'm looking forward to a couple cool trail runs in the Catalinas....and tex mex...and margaritas.

Anybody else considering taking the train? I'm thinking about taking Amtrak to Albuquerque (a friend lives there) and then renting a car from there. Saves a couple hundred and sounds like it could be fun! (Where's that TrainMaster guy, what's he think?)

Latest posts