Anyone interested in debating "Pretenders"? How 'bout when the lights are on?

There's just all of this focus on the negative, and I'm really just trying to drive this board in a more positive direction. Some of my tough love posts from Thursday were misinterpreted so it was necessary to make them more straightforward. Losses happen and everyone just needs to move on. It's Friday.

The bold comment was classic though, just to bad you didn't heed that advice Weds when you flamed out for 3 hours. :)

Anyway as for My comment today it was to say that thread is confusing to people who didn't read the unedited version.

I don't believe this team will go 4-0 down the stretch. Neither will it go 0-4. So when we win, some of us will think we're a top 5 team. When we lose, the sky-is-falling crowd will come out and say we're folding. It's life as a fan base I suppose.

I don't post here often, but threads like this just grind my gears. Look at the college basketball landscape this season - there are 12-15 very good teams (Iowa among them). There are arguably no 'great teams'.

Very good teams will stumble occasionally. Maryland lost at Minny, OU lost at TTech this week as well. This season especially, games like this happen. Let's not look at it as more than it is - a late season stumble. Yes, everyone on this forum (probably) would've liked to see this team take care of business against an easy opponent, and yes, the last 2 weeks of play have been at a level below the previous 6...but geez, step back from the ledge. This shouldn't diminish what Iowa has accomplished over the course of this season - and it sure shouldn't diminish what Iowa still has in front of them.

Fact is we've been given absolute gift of a season from this team - a team that was supposed to be nothing more than a bubble team at best.

Try to enjoy it a little more.

Last edited:

Latest posts