Anyone interested in debating "Pretenders"? How 'bout when the lights are on?

20-6 11-3 and tied for first doesn't get you the least bit excited??? lol Go pout elsewhere!!

Hopefully we can get back to business next Wednesday. It would be disappointing to keep falling after being a top 5 team for the past month.

Last edited:
Not when it's 92% likely we finish the regular season at 20-10 and 11-7. That's a pretty standard season, which would be very disappointing after being a top 5 team for the past month.

So Iowa going to lose out. Hahahahaha! Now that's classic..

Last edited:
In the past weeks you start a thread calling the team pretenders, call them over achievers, a "toilet swirl", and are always the first poster to point out how smart you were in being the first to see the teams struggles...yeah, that's damned supportive. I bet the players are glad you are such a very supportive fan in calling them these things. Last, I for one could not give a **** less about how much of a genius you are by being the first to say the team sucks every game that they don't live up to your expectations. In my opinion, what you're guilty of is needing to get over yourself.

Well! I never ... aww, I give.

I contend I'm pretending to be a contender when I'm merely intending to contend with Iowa not continuing to contend. Does that make them pretenders? I do not contend, so. Though, I do portend they will, ultimately, fall short of being contenders.

That said, I'm getting worn out. As with the Hawks, this level of greatness is difficult to sustain. It has been cathartic.;):cool::eek:

I most definitely want in on this. Money? Self imposed ban? I get to write the signature line you must use for a year? You have until 8 p.m. next Wednesday to decide.
I havent read all the previous posts on here. Too much crap. Lets put this to rest right now...is Iowa a #1 seed? At this point no. How about we win the Big 10 outright. How about we get to Saturday or Sunday of the Big 10 tourney. Then we can start that discussion. Can we win out? Yes. Can we lose a couple more along the way? Yes. To start this #1 seed stuff now is way too early.

Not really much to argue, is there?

As I said last week. Truth sux.
I still don't understand this post. Iowa is 11-3 still in first place in conference. Probable go 2-2 the rest of the way. 13-4 is still pretty awesome. Should get a bye in Big Tourney, decent seeding in The Big Dance. For a team picked to finish lower division, not to shabby. Why are STILLBUSTERS expectations so high? Maryland just got beat by Minnesota, I guess they suck too. Indiana lost to Penn St. so they suck. I could go on and on. To date Iowa has exceeded expectations. 5-3 against top 25. I got a feeling STILLBUSTER would prefer Iowa to lose it's last 4 to prove his point. I thought this was a fan site? Shouldn't this kind of post be made on a Cyclone site?

I havent read all the previous posts on here. Too much crap. Lets put this to rest right now...is Iowa a #1 seed? At this point no. How about we win the Big 10 outright. How about we get to Saturday or Sunday of the Big 10 tourney. Then we can start that discussion. Can we win out? Yes. Can we lose a couple more along the way? Yes. To start this #1 seed stuff now is way too early.

Either read the posts or don't quote me. My post was in reference to Iowa losing their last 4 games...had nothing to do with a 1 seed. Your post has nothing to do with Iowa losing their last 4 games.

NO! I'd much rather praise the Hawks for playing up to their abilities and sustaining the success that they were so close to achieving. Since that is quickly becoming a very unreliable -- perhaps, very unlikely -- proposition, I'm gonna fall back on just being right.

Pathetically arrogant? Maybe. I can live with that. Right now, it's all that I got watching this toilet swirl gaining speed.

If this is what Iowa does, then why even post about it? Don't act surprised, shocked, or even complain. This is the average, so why not just support the kids?

This isn't just an Iowa thing. This happens to many schools that aren't the "blue bloods".

Iowa has faded down the stretch. So has Maryland, Indiana....and other teams. Just root for the team and if they lose, since you KNOW they're going to, let it be.

Either read the posts or don't quote me. My post was in reference to Iowa losing their last 4 games...had nothing to do with a 1 seed. Your post has nothing to do with Iowa losing their last 4 games.

He probably just accidentally quoted the last post in the thread. I've done that before. You end up saying something that has nothing to do with the random post you quoted.

It also didn't help that Stanzi came back and edited all his Flameouts.

There's just all of this focus on the negative, and I'm really just trying to drive this board in a more positive direction. Some of my tough love posts from Thursday were misinterpreted so it was necessary to make them more straightforward. Losses happen and everyone just needs to move on. It's Friday.

OK instead of ragging tell us what is to be excited about?

Iowa has won twenty-three conference games the last two years. That is the most wins in consecutive seasons since Davis' first two years. If the Hawks win three of the last four games, they will tie two Iowa records. Most conference wins in consecutive seasons (26) & most conference wins in a season (14). Davis' first two teams won twenty-six conference games. Davis' first team & Ralph's last team won fourteen conference games. Of course, Ralph's team only played fourteen B1G games.

This team is on the verge of making Iowa history! That is something to get excited about!

Latest posts