Anyone hearing Brian Ferentz to Oklahoma as OC rumors?

If Brian Ferentz was wise, he would take a job as an offensive line coach under someone that could teach him a different offensive system.

I don't question his competence as a high-end offensive line coach, but compatibility and temperament would be crucial. He'd have to fit into a new situation and adapt and learn.

If Brian Ferentz was wise, he would take a job as an offensive line coach under someone that could teach him a different offensive system.

I don't question his competence as a high-end offensive line coach, but compatibility and temperament would be crucial. He'd have to fit into a new situation and adapt and learn.
I can't help but think that the stuff about his attitude is overblown. He had a bad day and blew up in the press box once, and had a couple of disgruntled former players who were angry at everyone in the program and trying to sue anyone their lawyers thought they could pin anything on. I have a hard time believing anything remotely racial came from anyone other than Doyle. The rest of it is hearsay, "white culture" stuff, which seems to have predominately came from Kirk, not Brian. And even then, most of those requirements were things you'd get fired at Walmart for. Maybe something more comes out of it, but it seems like a lot fo hot air. Fran's been making the big bucks for a hot minute and has ten times the documented "temperament" issues that Brian does.

Feel free to knock me upside the head if I am missing something obvious here, but I think if something were going to stick, we'd know by now.

Waffle House serves the coffee

And the latest data

You can take the scoops to the bank

Spreading Rumors GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

:cool:
Let me guess……………. the guy in the video is with the teliban and they want the US military forces to recruit Brian to plan all of the military offenses.

I can't help but think that the stuff about his attitude is overblown. He had a bad day and blew up in the press box once, and had a couple of disgruntled former players who were angry at everyone in the program and trying to sue anyone their lawyers thought they could pin anything on. I have a hard time believing anything remotely racial came from anyone other than Doyle. The rest of it is hearsay, "white culture" stuff, which seems to have predominately came from Kirk, not Brian. And even then, most of those requirements were things you'd get fired at Walmart for. Maybe something more comes out of it, but it seems like a lot fo hot air. Fran's been making the big bucks for a hot minute and has ten times the documented "temperament" issues that Brian does.

Feel free to knock me upside the head if I am missing something obvious here, but I think if something were going to stick, we'd know by now.

Actually, I wasn't referring to rumors. I was thinking more along more general lines of having to go back to being a position coach and having to fit in with someone else's system and expectations. I think he's spent a little too much time in his father's shadow, immersed in 1990s old school football.

Frankly, Iowa's offense is a half-assed attempt at updating the old inside & outside zone blocking based systems. Everyone knows it's not just this year and the inexperienced OT's.

Actually, I wasn't referring to rumors. I was thinking more along more general lines of having to go back to being a position coach and having to fit in with someone else's system and expectations. I think he's spent a little too much time in his father's shadow, immersed in 1990s old school football.

Frankly, Iowa's offense is a half-assed attempt at updating the old inside & outside zone blocking based systems. Everyone knows it's not just this year and the inexperienced OT's.
I'd be interested to see Brian take a job elsewhere and see how he performs, for sure.

Brian and Kirk need to part ways. Kirk has enough clout and friends to get Brian somewhere. Kirk made a mistake bringing Brian up too soon. Brian has to prove himself somewhere other than Iowa. If he does maybe Brian has a path back to Iowa. Maybe.

Well I don’t know if I should repeat this but….I overheard a guy on his phone at Sam’s club who was talking to a guy who overheard a carry out in IC Hy-Vee say that he talked to his dad who’s in real estate that a BF was looking for a house somewhere in the Midwest. I think it’s a lock…..it’s not Waffle House firm though…

A guy down here who is pretty prominent over on TigerNet said that he heard a few guys talking at a Waffle House in Easley this morning that they heard from someone that Venables (who along with Dabo is basically a god in Easley) is going to try to get Brian Ferentz down to Norman. I don't know if it's true, but it is out there. Brian with Oklahoma talent would be downright scary.
These coaches have their agents start silly rumors for the sole purpose of extorting more money from current employer

I want to see him in one of B-Bops hats.

I haven't spent more than a day or two in passing in Neck Moines in over 20 years. When my mom was here for T-giving I mentioned that I would shank a man for one of those 99 cents B-Bops quarter pounders. She said they cost like five bucks now. Ugh. I had no idea the future would be so bleak.

I haven't spent more than a day or two in passing in Neck Moines in over 20 years. When my mom was here for T-giving I mentioned that I would shank a man for one of those 99 cents B-Bops quarter pounders. She said they cost like five bucks now. Ugh. I had no idea the future would be so bleak.
Two meals are $20 these days. It really is painful, but the food is still great.

Brian knows that he's unpopular and that he's mostly handcuffed by his dad's schemes.

Leaving for a place they recruit better athletes would be tempting. Get out of his dad's shadow, see what he can do. Fail and he could go be an OL coach somewhere or back to the NFL.

Then Kirk can promote KOK back to OC, rather than going off on some search for a more risky candidate.

Brian knows that he's unpopular and that he's mostly handcuffed by his dad's schemes.

Leaving for a place they recruit better athletes would be tempting. Get out of his dad's shadow, see what he can do. Fail and he could go be an OL coach somewhere or back to the NFL.

Then Kirk can promote KOK back to OC, rather than going off on some search for a more risky candidate.
The other side of the argument though is that fact that Brian also has a level of job security under his dad that he wouldn't have anywhere else. KF's scheme or not, there's been a good number of OC's terminated that have put up much better results.

That's what very likely what would happen if Brian were to leave. KOK back in his old job.

Venables is reported as taking the OU job. OU will start playing much better defense now and if Venables can keep their offense humming with a great OC hire then OU will be good.

Cant win in the SEC without a great defense as there are too many great offensive players on most teams,, Jeff Lebby mentioned as the incoming OC.

Brian will need to start at the bottom as a head coach or at another OC job. He has no positive bona fides
You are always so serious!!